Health quickshifter install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funky monk

Reaction score
Hi I have just bought a Healtech quickshifter for my 2011 gen 2 MAX has anyone on here installed the Healtech shifter and if so could you please share your experience please, does the air box need to come off to locate the ignition coil connectors any info on this would be much appreciated before I attempt to install...... Thanks

I have the healtech on my 2011. I love it. Its very easy to install. On the healtech harness for the right front cylinder, I did remove the airbox to be able to get enough room to snake the harness on the left side, and around the front of the engine to get to the right. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 86276645_179662790025954_8594874525944905728_n.jpg
    86276645_179662790025954_8594874525944905728_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 84612441_178500443372431_6106493349361876992_n.jpg
    84612441_178500443372431_6106493349361876992_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 84515647_276557289984422_4239229194707402752_n.jpg
    84515647_276557289984422_4239229194707402752_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 67
I have the healtech on my 2011. I love it. Its very easy to install. On the healtech harness for the right front cylinder, I did remove the airbox to be able to get enough room to snake the harness on the left side, and around the front of the engine to get to the right. Hope this helps.

Yes kind of .... I honestly have no idea where the ignition connections are and how to get at them if I can find them it should not be a problem did you also remove the side scoops to get to the connectors ?

I did not remove the Side scoops to get to the COPS. (The healtech harness will go inbetween the Vmax harness and the COP), I Did remove the scoops and the faux tank cover, to get full access to the airbox to remove it and snake the healtech harness around the front.

Have you ever changed the plugs before?

Hi I have never changed the plugs before. I have had the bike for a couple of years and done some work to it but not to ignition system. The air box mod decat & Nash flash has been done.I fitted the bike with a full DAM system had the 25 ltr tank installed and fitted a Wilbur shock as the Yamaha rear shock was U/S. The bike now holds the line up in the high numbers and I can get 170miles to a tank now ... all the mods done have transformed the bike ...love it ... its now a keeper .

This will show how to get the wires off of the COPS, and the like, and how to change the plugs as well. I'm wanting to say the plugs are supposed to be changed every 12K miles.

The bike has only done 8000 miles do well need a service this year me thinks... I think with the quick shifter installed it should be perfect.... I can't wait to try it..it should be fun ...

Thanks for the tutorial.... I will attempt to install the quickshifter at the weekend now I know how to get at the ignition connectors ...then the fun begins :)

Hi I have never changed the plugs before. I have had the bike for a couple of years and done some work to it but not to ignition system. The air box mod decat & Nash flash has been done.I fitted the bike with a full DAM system had the 25 ltr tank installed and fitted a Wilbur shock as the Yamaha rear shock was U/S. The bike now holds the line up in the high numbers and I can get 170miles to a tank now ... all the mods done have transformed the bike ...love it ... its now a keeper .
What gas tank did you install. I love my VMAX but hate my range!

Thanks

Your ride looks great! Love the mods. Is the Flyscreen the one from Exactrep? It's the best looking one I've seen so far. Was wondering how you rate the quality and if you find the wind blast to be tolerable down the highway.
Cheers.

Hello from Scotland...I installed the L2K tank and now get 170-180 miles from a full tank.... The screen is from Exactrep it does make some difference ....The screen is on my opinion the best looking but also directs the wind away from your head I have not tried it on a long ride yet, it was delivered during the lockdown here. I took the bike out for a blast once it was fitted and was up in high numbers and dont need a neck like Mike Tyson any more .... the screen quality is excellant :)

Those who have installed the healtech shifter .. was the ignition connectors easy dissconnect once the dummy tank and scopes were removed from bike ?

How difficult was the tank to install. I watched some video on that install and it seems pretty involved, and it is very expensive. Also, my last check, they were out of stock.

Thanks..

I watched the video on YouTube it's a lot of work... I bought mine from France as I live in the highlands in Scotland I think it cost me £1200.00 but for me it's worth every penny ..its what this bike should have been out of the crate as its built for eating miles....

If you follow the video and have the correct tools and have some mechanical skills then you could do it yourself ..if you do not have mechanical knowledge skills then get mechanic to do it probably take couple of days to complete.

I agree 100%. Biggest mistake Ymaha made on the bike. And the mirrors . But cheap bar ends fixed that.

I may do the tank. Just checked and they are in stock. I'm sure me and my buddies could get it done in a couple of days.

You have to use the original o ring seals from the original tank as the L2K tank came with no seals.. I do not know if this is still the case.. it would be a good idea to enquire before you purchase.

Back