Hell yeah

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
So I got home today from work and my exhaust, Dale Walkers full exhuast, had arrived..So after shoveling down my dinner I went out to the garage and went to town installing it. Everything went together perfectly and it took me a few hours with taking my time..I've done alot of reading on how a good aftermarket exhuast wakes up the max but this is nuts..I came from a bike that had cobra slip ons when I bought it and I know its jetted rich but just doing the exhuast tonight was like night and day as far as sound and performance are concerned. I took a bunch of picutres of the install in case it would help anyone contimplating doing their exhaust, and I took some vidoes to caputre the sound. Once I figure out how to upload them to you tube I'll let everyone know because I found it hard to find good sound clips of Dales exhuast..I'll tare into the carbs over the weekend to rejet down from a dynojet stage 1 kit with 170( don't ask me why the heck the PO had 170 mains in there for slip ons) mains to minuki 155's..Really curious how this will impact the performance..
Also anyone interested in a set of Cobra slip ons in mint shape I'm going to put them up for sale in the for sale forum and maybe on ebay..I'll post pictures of them over the weekend once I get them cleaned up..

let me know if you need to help for uploading pictures or videos.
Just a pm and I will help you.

I cannot wait to see the result of your jetting.
I'm running a 170 too with an overracing 4-2-1, and planning to go back to 160 ...

I ran 155's in my bike stock at about 300ftASL and it could have used the 152's... It was just a tad rich. Other than that it ran great. I put down 122HP with that setup.

Chris

Latest posts

Back