Help! Break Pads not in the same spot?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put on a new set of EBC HH pads today.
And I noticed that the new pads come to the very edge of the rotor.
The original factory pads only came to about a 1/16 of an inch to the edge of the rotor.
Is this something I should be concerned with?

I compared the original pads to the new EBC pads. The plates are identical in size and shape. But the original pads themselves sat about 1/16 of an inch down on the plate, closer towards the center of the disc.
Should I exchange them? Or is it OK to have the pads sitting all the way to the edge of the disc?

The new pads I got are EBC HH pads. Part # FA160HH

Thanks guys! In Advance!
:confused2:

You're OK. Loosen caliper mounting bolts. Before you tighten bolts see if you can push the caliper towards center of disc then tighten as you're pushing..see if this helps

To be honest...
I didn't even take the calipers off. I just removed the pad pins and then squeezed the pads back towards the calipers with my fingers. then I slid the old pads out and then switched the tin metal clip on the back, to the new pads. (Why don't new pads come with that?) Then I slid the new pads in and replaced the backing spring and put the pins and clips back on.
But I'll try loosening the caliper mounting bolts and pushing in on the calipers tomorrow night when I get home.

Back