HID headlights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88Vmax

Reaction score
I just bought a set from this company. My brother showed me the site, him and everyone on his forums are using them. (mazdaprotegeforum) and hes been running them for almost 2yrs. check it out, they have motorcycle kits. I bought the dual kit since it was 40 so i have an extra, also lifetime waranty and half the price of most kits.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

You can pick up a single bulb kit for around 20. I'll post pics of mine up tonight when it gets dark

I've always been really confused by these HID kits: I read in many places that HID bulbs diffuse light in a very different way than incandescent bulbs, and as a result, the whole reflector inside the headlamp must be different in order to utilize the HID light properly.

Did you find that it simply works fine and gives better light without any reflector mod?

I've always been really confused by these HID kits: I read in many places that HID bulbs diffuse light in a very different way than incandescent bulbs, and as a result, the whole reflector inside the headlamp must be different in order to utilize the HID light properly.

Did you find that it simply works fine and gives better light without any reflector mod?

+1

In the result that setup may blind the drivers coming from opposite.

Those are illegal here in PL.

I just bought a set from this company. My brother showed me the site, him and everyone on his forums are using them. (mazdaprotegeforum) and hes been running them for almost 2yrs. check it out, they have motorcycle kits. I bought the dual kit since it was 40 so i have an extra, also lifetime waranty and half the price of most kits.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

You can pick up a single bulb kit for around 20. I'll post pics of mine up tonight when it gets dark

You know the dual kit is not at $40, its $20 more for the H4 Hi/Low. What bulb color did you get too? Pics and feedback definately wanted since I was thinking of changing to a GEN2 or VROD setup for alot more. I do alot of night riding so I am definitely interested on how this works out.

Thanks,

Mike

+1

In the result that setup may blind the drivers coming from opposite.

Those are illegal here in PL.

+1, better to use projectors for avoiding blinding everybody :)

But I can say it was working pretty good with the stock headlight.
Satariel666, what did you put in your projectors ? you kept the regular H3 ?

So did you use the HI/LO H4 setup in your stock light? Will it be legal and not blind the oncoming traffic on low beam? I need the extra lighting for all the night riding I do, but I dont want to cause issues blinding oncoming traffic since I ride mostly on 2 lane roads.

Mike

I was using a single beam H4 6000k color.
The HID bulb comes with a little piece of metal which I believe was reducing the glare.

H4_single_beam_xenon_bulb_for_HID_kit.jpg

The light output was so good, I didn't mind the lost of the high beam.
I was running with light during night and day.

If you're worried about the HID, you can always go for some PIAA bulbs.
The feedbacks are good but it's pricey tho.

If you get one, I advise you to get a relay harness for plugging it directly to the battery.
That way you wont damage your stock harness. And get a 35W setup it will be quite enough and will consume less power.

I'm still thinking for my projectors headlight If I gonna put an HID or get some PIAA bulbs.
I'm not really satisfied with the original H3 bulbs.

Im using regular H3 bulbs for now, works just OK.
Nothig special but far more better then stock headlight.

BTW Michael, will Ya think about some shrouds onto those projectors?
I like the current look but many friends telling me "hey, you missing something on that projectors, any fairing or something" LOL
Im keep telling thats complete setup and it supouse to look like that...and they making BIGGG eyes LOL

Im thinking about puting some H3 HID's into those LOUIS lens projectors.
We need not typical xenon bulbs D2S but special D2R's designed for LENS projectors.
H3 kits with D2R bulbs runs about 40 USD in PL.
Maybe Ill try with those in near future.

im running the single (low beam) and i"ll have to ask my brother he ordered it for me for my bday. and it does have a small deflector around it that goes on the top. loading pics up now.
and i figure im blinded from everyone elses HIDs why do i care about blinding them its not 2 headlights but one lol

Use the top images. the attached dont seem to be working. the ones i got are 35w and they are the 6k so its very clear and just a tint of blue. If any one is interested in ordering id say these are the best. the higher you get the color changes the clearer.

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/colour-chart.php

this site has a devent image of the colors. lets see if anyone gets anything else

Im using regular H3 bulbs for now, works just OK.
Nothig special but far more better then stock headlight.

BTW Michael, will Ya think about some shrouds onto those projectors?
I like the current look but many friends telling me "hey, you missing something on that projectors, any fairing or something" LOL
Im keep telling thats complete setup and it supouse to look like that...and they making BIGGG eyes LOL

Im thinking about puting some H3 HID's into those LOUIS lens projectors.
We need not typical xenon bulbs D2S but special D2R's designed for LENS projectors.
H3 kits with D2R bulbs runs about 40 USD in PL.
Maybe Ill try with those in near future.

Fairing will mean to give up the gorgeous bracket we got lol
The shrouds it's a good idea, I saw some nice chrome one for 40$ the set.
Just need to check if it could fit in.

About the bulbs, I was almost sure D2R are for projectors and D2S for reflectors application. Saying that the D2R will fit recent car projectors like the BMW or Benz ones but for ours, not sure. For both, i'm pretty sure they won't fit the projectors we got.
I heard the lens provided on halogen projectors is different from the HID projectors.

I was planning then to get H3 HID bulbs (no issue for fitting) or just the PIAA super white but they are so expensive, specially with shipping.

I need to decide soon since I haven't finalize the wiring yet, I just use one beam for now. But now since the bike is running again, it starts to bother me hahaha :)

Use the top images. the attached dont seem to be working. the ones i got are 35w and they are the 6k so its very clear and just a tint of blue. If any one is interested in ordering id say these are the best. the higher you get the color changes the clearer.

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/colour-chart.php

this site has a devent image of the colors. lets see if anyone gets anything else

I used exactly the same setup before with my stock headlight.
Pretty good result :)

Fairing will mean to give up the gorgeous bracket we got lol
The shrouds it's a good idea, I saw some nice chrome one for 40$ the set.
Just need to check if it could fit in.

About the bulbs, I was almost sure D2R are for projectors and D2S for reflectors application. Saying that the D2R will fit recent car projectors like the BMW or Benz ones but for ours, not sure. For both, i'm pretty sure they won't fit the projectors we got.
I heard the lens provided on halogen projectors is different from the HID projectors.

I was planning then to get H3 HID bulbs (no issue for fitting) or just the PIAA super white but they are so expensive, specially with shipping.

I need to decide soon since I haven't finalize the wiring yet, I just use one beam for now. But now since the bike is running again, it starts to bother me hahaha :)
Let me know when You get some fitting info about any shrouds.
Ill be appreciate.

I have one seller around that claims D2R will fit straight into ours projectors.
He also said that those are BMW projectors.

Let me know when You get some fitting info about any shrouds.
Ill be appreciate.

I have one seller around that claims D2R will fit straight into ours projectors.
He also said that those are BMW projectors.

for the shrouds, you can take a look at here. The mini gun type are nice :)

About the BMW projectors, they are all bi-xenon type, with an automated internal opening for the high beam. You can see many of them on eBay.
I will still check can fit.

for the shrouds, you can take a look at here. The mini gun type are nice :)

About the BMW projectors, they are all bi-xenon type, with an automated internal opening for the high beam. You can see many of them on eBay.
I will still check can fit.

Yeah, I saw those ebay.
They looks cool but they will cost me 75$ shipped.

Latest posts

Back