Hose from the carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The small hose from each carb, that sticks out the side in the chrome holder, what is the function of that again. I think it's a breather but I can't remember. I've lost one of mine and need to know if it has to be in place.

It's a drain hose and fits to small nipple pressed into float cover. Any small fuel line hose will work.

Gary, the vent hoses are the ones hooked to the top of air box.

The small hose from each carb, that sticks out the side in the chrome holder, what is the function of that again. I think it's a breather but I can't remember. I've lost one of mine and need to know if it has to be in place.

You can replace it with vacuum hose from your local hardware store I lost one also. I am not sure but I think length is important, atleast that's what she told me when she left.:rofl_200:

Cool, thanks guys! :cheers: Anyone know the I.D. of the hose off hand?

Buster, mine are about 4.15 mm.

You may have a hard time finding 4.15mm at your local harware / autoparts store, but if you fine 1/8 that will work unless you want to get it from the Yamaha Stealer which may run you around 25.00 a foot :rofl_200:

Back