how can i get a new key?!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred*

Reaction score
so this happened, flying down the freeway late at night probably doing about 100 when the wind caught my new lanyard and ripped my keys out of the ignition! :damn angry::damn angry: flipped around and started looking for them but it was dark and late, eventually a cop showed up and put me in his car lol, we drove up and down the freeway looking for them and finally found most of them, and of course literally the only two keys i dont have a replacement for were the only ones lost for good, one of those being my vmax, that key actually snapped in half so im missing the front part of it with all the teeth..well now i have no way to start my max.. i mean, i could hot wire it, i have a cafe racer with a secretly hidden on off switch, so no keys, but then i still need a key for the gas cap and to remove the tank cover

is there any way to get a new key made at all?? the only key/tumbler combo on ebay i found was $175!!

would i be better off hiding an off switch and just remove the lock from the tank cover and get a non-locking gas cap??
cuz i really have a hard time spending that much money on such a stupid thing, that money could be spent so much better else where and being a college student, just ya
what do yall think?

I just took my ignition switch out & took it to a locksmith. They charged me around 20 bucks . Make sure you use the ignition switch & not one of the other locks the ignition has more tumblers in it from what I was told.

Sorry just saw this, if you take off the scoop then the plastic neck cover you should be able to see the code stamped on the ignition itself and once you find that code pm me and I'll make a key and send it to you for less than $10. Hope this helps but just not sure if you can see it without removing the ign. Either way it's on there or if you still have the original head of the key It's also stamped on there. Let me know. Ed

Latest posts

Back