how hot how soon?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
did starter clucth yesterday, not easy but got through it went for a ride today and the further i rode the worse it ran felt like bad gas,missing on the low end, not to bad at speed but didnt have the excelleration it should have. put it in the garage fired it up ran for a few then died. wouldnt start,put a battery charger on it fired it up let it run for a minute took the charger off and it died it did that twice. if i go out it will start cold but as it runs the Regulator/rectifier gets hot,Im wondering if thats my problem? how hot should it get and how soon should it get there? any ideas,? Its not a carb problem. Im reasonabley sure its somthing electrical. could i have hurt somthing in the stator when i did the starter clutch? :ummm::confused2:

Stock R/R? I have no idea man but I'm two steps behind you (still have the starter clutch off), and worried that I'll have similar problems. Figure it out quick so I don't make any mistakes! Good Luck Man

Dave, I think its just coincience,I was carfull not to pull wires or do anything stupid,I put everything back together clean and there were no funny noises when I start it.bike runs good untill the regulator gets hot ,then it dies.:ummm:whats up with your starter clutch? should be back together by now, no?

Hey guys i needed to get this back on top,how hot should the reg/rect get,and how soon should it get there,Im having trouble with mable and I think the problem is the R/R.

Did you check voltage output on R/R when bike is running? Check connections as well..if R/R output is good sounds like a connection problem.

when pluged into my laptop,voltage was between 13-13.5 then when the reg gets hot the bike just dies,didnt notice a voltage drop before it died.went back out stared it cold as it ran the reg got hot and voltage droped off just before it died.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back