How many Amps/Watts does the charging system put out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Wanted to ask how many amps or watts the charging system is putting out.

Also can it be upgraded to something that puts out more?

This was just discuss short while ago but I don't remember the numbers the venture stator will work puts out more juice . I bought mine from Ricks motorsports try using the search forum venture stator .

This was just discuss short while ago but I don't remember the numbers the venture stator will work puts out more juice . I bought mine from Ricks motorsports try using the search forum venture stator .

Yes. Rick's Motorsports sell a OEM replacement for the stock max stator, or a extra ouput one (about 400 watts) for a few dollars extra.
Check out their website. I put one in my bike several years ago....still working fine.
Cheers!

Rick's Part # 21-405 is the VMax Stator, and it runs $140.
The Venture stator info follows:

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/part/21-412H/MDNZYW1YVloxMzAwVEZSb3lhbFN0YXJWZW50dXJl

New Hot Shot Yamaha Stator
2003 Yamaha Street Bike XVZ1300TF Royal Star Venture Street Bike
Manufactured by Rick's Motorsport Electrics

Yamaha Street Bike 2003 XVZ1300TF Royal Star VentureStreet Bike New Hot Shot Yamaha Stator part manufactured by Rick's Motorsport Electrics
Model #21-412H

Description
New Hot Shot Yamaha Stator: This higher output stator will provide 480 watts of power (40-45 amps).

Price $ 160.00

^^^

Many thanks for the leg work.
+87 internet points for you.

Can someone explain: " *Trigger coil is not included. "

Thankfully its not hard to replace the stator on these engines, when i bought my 89 Venture that was the first thing i had to do. And the Venture has a LOT of electrical loads, especially the electric front anti dive actuators. But....if you upgrade to this stator pay specific attention to the regulator and wiring, upgrade a gauge larger if possible. Its not like the Vmax is drawing a battleship of current, its usually the "crimp", bad starter ground and weak connection to the master fuse. The Vmax does not have to have such a big stator, does not hurt though. Led lights front and rear help a lot.

Back