How tight for oil filter???HELP!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a Honda filter on mine. Its a direct cross to the OEM Yamaha one, and it saves me from doing business with the Asshats that run my local Yamaha dealer.

Don`t fram filters have a problem with shedding fiber into the oil ???:ummm:
I never use Fram on anything anymore , I think that Bosch and Mobile one are the best.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:

One of the issues we saw in road race applications years ago was insufficient threads holding the filter to the motor on Fram filters. Lot of oiled down tires from that deal.

I run a Honda filter on mine. Its a direct cross to the OEM Yamaha one, and it saves me from doing business with the Asshats that run my local Yamaha dealer.

I've done the same on all my bikes (most take the same exact filter). I never have figured out why Yamaha filters come at a premium price, but the Honda filters have been great. The only filters I will use are OEM Yamaha or a Honda filter. And I do a lot of oil changes each year :rofl_200:

danny and I getting a bunch of K&Ns for $8 was key!

Yeah the guys at my dealership are a bunch of shitheads as well!!I hate to do business with them!!Last year they bent me over pretty hard on some repairs I had done(OUCH)My ass is still alittle sore,LOL!!I didn't want to mess around with a leaky filter any more than I had to b/c my bike is sitting in a bud's garage And I didn't want to get his floor all full of crap.The OEM one fits good.But I still hate to give the ASSCLOWNS at my L.B.S Any of my hard earned cash!!!!

Back