• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Spin on oil filter conversion $50

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m selling my spin on oil filter conversion plate with a new un used filter for $50.00 shipped. This is for the older generation V-Max 1200 that has the cartridge type filter. I recently switched to a Hindle 4/1 exhaust and this no longer works for me as the #1 exhaust header now crosses direct over the filter making it problematic to remove the filter. It works with the stock exhaust and any 4/2 exhaust. It’s easy to install just remove the old filter set up and screw this on. Use a Phillips screw driver to snug it up to about 21fp of torque “the same as the stock filter cartridge.
You will also need to get the newer crossbar that is bent to accommodate the spin on filter. Yamaha part number 1FK-2141V-10-00
As seen in one of my photos.
I will accept Venmo, a postal money order or cashiers check.
Thank you.
IMG_5172.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5173.jpeg
    IMG_5173.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Good evening,

Is there any way we can trade crossbars? I send you the straight OEM bar of my 89 Vmax and a money order first; once you receive that you send me the adapter and the curved crossbar. Obviously, I am willing to pay some extra.

Hans

I’m not opposed to that but what does yours look like? I had my frame freshly powder coated when I first built the bike so I would not be very thrilled to get one in trade that needs to be re coated. Cost new on partzilla is $52.45 plus shipping. I guess send me a pic of yours and make me an offer. I’m game to make a deal.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1997/v-max-1200-vmx12j/frameGreg

I've got OEM bars. The one in your picture is modified to clear the spin on filter?

I've got OEM bars. The one in your picture is modified to clear the spin on filter?
Sean, The one in my pic was a photo I grabbed off the internet. I think it was part of a kit someone sold on eBay. The one on my bike a 1997 frame is bent like that but stock.

To add to the confusion, the parts diagrams for my 1989 Vmax shows the same cross bar as the diagram for a 1997 Vmax. Both list P/N
Do you have a used curved cross bar that will work with the oil filter adapter Hoove is selling?

To add to the confusion, the parts diagrams for my 1989 Vmax shows the same cross bar as the diagram for a 1997 Vmax. Both list P/
It is confusing on the parts diagram because all the bikes from 85 up all have the same pdf and part number but they are a different part. The one on my 1997 frame is definitely not straight but 100% stock. Here is a pic of the cross bar on my 1997 frame completely stock. The engine on my bike is a built PCW motor that had the old oil filter so I have no idea what year the engine is. My only thought is that perhaps Yamaha changed the part to the newer bent model because it would have no negative affect on the older generation but failed to update the parts pictures????

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
96-07 have the curved frame cross section since that is the years that came with the spin on filter.

Back