How to block the hole.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric1959

Reaction score
A wise guy had drilled a 1 inch hole at the bottom of the stock muffler. Did someone found a simple way to block it?

Thank you
Eric

How to weld it at the end of the 12 inches long pipe with 1"1/8 diameter.

Tack one side in place and push up the other to match then tack that so youve got a central pivot. Then adjust the piece so its level the other way and tack again.

Just cover it with a bigger hole?.... No wait that's wrong. Wedding ring? Wait that doesn't work. Take an 1-3/4" hole saw, cut hole, take piece that came out of the hole you just cut (inside the hole saw) lay it on a piece of pipe the same diameter as the pipe your trying to fix. Now hammer it around the pipe to put the proper bend in it. Take this bent piece of steel and use a hose clamp to hold it to your exhaust now weld it. Done.

If this is not possible go too Napa or some other real parts store and get the correct size band clamp and use that. Otherwise buy my really clean stock chrome header pipes that nobody wants to buy for $100 plus shipping.

if the area is flat enough, one of the 1" steel snap plugs at the hdw. for electrical boxes might work along with some exhaust sealer or hi-temp silicone.

See there I also have a beer perfect set of black cans that nobody wants for $100 plus shipping.

How about a picture?

Any decent welding shop can weld up a hole. They will probably just tack in a washer and finish it up. Bring them the muffler and they will be done in 5 minutes.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the hole being drilled into the plate way down inside the exhaust.
Some guys do that after doing the 5 hole mod to get a little more noise out of the stock pipes.
I personally would just leave them drilled, that only makes them a little louder and doesn't really hurt anything.

I guess that makes more sense than a random hole underneath.

Latest posts

Back