i dodged a bullet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxjr

Reaction score
so my younger brother and I decided to just go for a little jog around town last weekend.
me on the vmax and him on his 09 cbr600.
( just for the record, the max ate his ass up! well it did till about 125 )

anyway, we decided to stop and visit our sister. but alas, she was not home.
we called her and turns out she was visiting a friend down the road a mile or so away from my house. so we say what the hell? we were heading that way anyway.
we stop in for a little visit. we pulled behind her friends car and park the bikes.( guess where i'm going with this right? )
the friend is, for lack of a better term, a damn lush.
we hung out for an hour or so , i had a pop and decided i wanted away from this girl.
i jumped on the bike and rode the mile home. no problem.

i get a call just about a 1/2 hour later from my sister saying to get here right now, cops are everywhere.

turns out this "lady" has a son who is a pothead (15yrs old) and was caught smoking pot by the police.
so now this dumb, drunk as all hell, no licence having "lady" decides to jump in her boyfriends car to get him.

you guessed it! ran my brothers bike over and dragged it down a gravel driveway.
broke the kickstand right off, rashed the shit out of part of the frame, the swingarm, grips etc. the frame sliders took the brunt of the damage to the front fairings.
i guessed he walked around the corner from the backyard just in time to witness the whole event.
he was yelling "STOP! STOP!" at the top of his lungs causing everyone else to come from the backyard as well.
he yells wtf are you doing? it's a 10k bike!

this drunk " lady's " answer was
" it's not a bmw"

so he calls the cops,
she runs into the house and hides from them.
they come and cuff her. by then her boyfriend ( the only person sober besides my brother ) is outside running his mouth to the cops.
so now he's wearing new braclets also.

my wife and i get there just about then. i had her take me there because i made me a vodka tonic when i got home and i have this rule about drinking and driving.

he was remarkably calm considering what just happened.
i take the flashlight and check his bike out.
i see the stand is broken off but there is no stand switch so he can ride it home.

for some reason the cops let her go even though she has no licence, was drunk as a skunk and ADMITTED to being behind the wheel of a car.

i feel lucky that i decided to leave when i did or else she would have run the max over as well.
i don't think i would have been as calm as he was.

sorry for the long post.
i now know to never, ever park my bike behind a car in anyone's driveway.

oh yeah, the insurance company called.
they totaled his bike.

That sucks. My FZ was knocked over by a woman at a Starbucks once: She backed out of her space in front of the shop all the way into the space in which my bike was parked. Then, when I came out screaming, she took off. Fortunately, she was married to an Air Force Colonel, who made her come back and deal with what she had done.

Totally sucks for your brother! You can never be too careful about something as simple as where you park your bike! I hope she at least had insurance to cover his bike?

So's he buyin a VMax soon????? Good he wasn't sittin on it when she took off....

I was on I-95 in Miami tonight in the express lane (the "Lexus lane," you pay a toll) and as I came-up to Golden Glades interchange (US 441/FL Turnpike/I-95/NW 163 St) on the fly-over bypass for all the surface streets, I 'tested' my antilock brakes. There was a car on-fire in the single lane in-front of me! The front of the car was all smashed-up back into the motor, and there was an incipient engine fire. The woman was out of the car standing next to the car, I guess she was waiting to see if she could catch some splashes of fuel as the gas lines ruptured. I put down my Double Cheeseburger, told my friend I 'will have to call you back,' pushed the dog off my lap, and checked the rear-view mirror to see who was closing fast on my '6.'

"Hey lady! Is there anyone else in the car?," I asked, abreast of the wounded Nissan. She said no, so I advised her to turn-on her 4-way flashers and to move 30 ft. past the vehicle, and to stay next to the center median concrete barrier separating us from opposing traffic.

I dialed 911 and told them the distance from the nearest intersection, the number of people and cars involved, that there didn't appear to be anyone trapped, that the car was afire in the engine compartment, and was soon to be a fully-involved car fire. I looked back to see the woman had ignored my advice and had walked behind the vehicle, I guess to present a better target for the inattentive drivers coming up from behind. I saw a police cruiser pulling up & he activated his array of roof lights, so that was it for me! I got back in my car and split.

Why don't people activate their emergency flashers when they have an emergency? And, why would a pedestrian walk towards oncoming traffic when her car is dead in the road, instead of taking advantage of her dead vehicle to shield her from panic-stopping cars approaching?

I'm just glad it wasn't an SUV which had skidded on wet roads (it had just rained) and 'turned turtle,' flipping onto its side so all I would have seen was a totally-dark vehicle underside, blocking the road lane in-front of me, as I climbed the expressway overpass incline. Fl Highway Patrol stats are that 1 of 4 SUV's become inverted or fall on their sides as a result of an accident.

I'm just glad it wasn't an SUV which had skidded on wet roads (it had just rained) and 'turned turtle,' flipping onto its side so all I would have seen was a totally-dark vehicle underside, blocking the road lane in-front of me, as I climbed the expressway overpass incline. Fl Highway Patrol stats are that 1 of 4 SUV's become inverted or fall on their sides as a result of an accident.

I was watching a UK police camera program last night where this exact thing happened, a car somehow flipped onto its roof on a motorway at night and two other cars came around the bend and ran into it at full speed.. the strange thing is that nobody was injured, the driver had just climbed out through a 6 inch gap before his car was hit.

tell your brother that if he had been riding a vmax it would have totaled out the car... perfect time to get him on a max no doubt!

"Hey lady! Is there anyone else in the car?," I asked, abreast of the wounded Nissan. She said no, so I advised her to turn-on her 4-way flashers and to move 30 ft. past the vehicle, and to stay next to the center median concrete barrier separating us from opposing traffic.

I dialed 911 and told them the distance from the nearest intersection, the number of people and cars involved, that there didn't appear to be anyone trapped, that the car was afire in the engine compartment, and was soon to be a fully-involved car fire. I looked back to see the woman had ignored my advice and had walked behind the vehicle, I guess to present a better target for the inattentive drivers coming up from behind. I saw a police cruiser pulling up & he activated his array of roof lights, so that was it for me! I got back in my car and split.

Why don't people activate their emergency flashers when they have an emergency? And, why would a pedestrian walk towards oncoming traffic when her car is dead in the road, instead of taking advantage of her dead vehicle to shield her from panic-stopping cars approaching?

I'm just glad it wasn't an SUV which had skidded on wet roads (it had just rained) and 'turned turtle,' flipping onto its side so all I would have seen was a totally-dark vehicle underside, blocking the road lane in-front of me, as I climbed the expressway overpass incline. Fl Highway Patrol stats are that 1 of 4 SUV's become inverted or fall on their sides as a result of an accident.[/QUOTE]

Sooner or later that lady will get it. Death by stupidity! She sounds like a piece of work!

Latest posts

Back