I want to strangle my mechanic!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anteva2

Reaction score
I don't understand much about mechanics, but I know I'm not an idiot !!
As some of you know, I recently made some changes to my Max. One of them was as simple as removing the EURO Stock exhausts (25mm) and swapping them for the Stock exhausts from the American version (35mm). easy work right ?? Well, I suspected a non-original sound near the Left exhaust, and when I approach my hand I see that it has a tremendous leak through the clamps, I also see a yellowish stain on the chrome that reveals the leak. I immediately take it to the mechanic and what he tells me is and shows me that the clamps are tight to the maximum and that it will surely be a failure of the leaks ... I imagine he saw me face an idiot! I insist that this is not normal and he insists that it cannot be tightened anymore ... Do I really have to settle for that unpleasant leak? I want to strangle him !! I have to change mechanics urgently ... maybe I'll commit murder

Attachments

• Moto1.jpg
    Moto1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Moto2.jpg
    Moto2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Moto3.jpg
    Moto3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 76
#1: delete your last phrase, immediately, it shows pre-meditation.

#2: Once the work was done, you should have been able to hear a bad leak, besides feeling the gas discharge from a voluminous leak. It seems you did feel that. Were new fiber tube gaskets for the exhaust used?

Well I do not know!! I will ask him tomorrow, better not! I will tell him that since the work has been paid and well paid, I will force him to dismount and show me if he has put those joints !! ... And if I am going to change the phrase ...

He would say something like ... my mechanic has no idea

If the two pipes are held together, in that one pipe cannot be pulled out of the other, then some exhaust paste may seal the leak.

if your clamps are as tight as they will go and it still doesn't create enough force to seal a joint or hold it tightly, you can use a strip of metal under the clamp to enlarge the circumference of the area that the clamp is tightened on

#1: delete your last phrase, immediately, it shows pre-meditation.

#2: Once the work was done, you should have been able to hear a bad leak, besides feeling the gas discharge from a voluminous leak. It seems you did feel that. Were new fiber tube gaskets for the exhaust used?
And now you are a co-conspirator...........and since I have also commented I guess that makes me one too. Damn.........

And now you are a co-conspirator...........and since I have also commented I guess that makes me one too. Damn.........
Motive: I have none-zed.
Opportunity: None, he's in Espana, I am (nearly) in the Atlantic Ocean 26 degrees west longitude beyond that mechanic
Intent: my bike runs-fine! Nada motive, gracias.

Motive: I have none-zed.
Opportunity: None, he's in Espana, I am (nearly) in the Atlantic Ocean 26 degrees west longitude beyond that mechanic
Intent: my bike runs-fine! Nada motive, gracias.
Exactly what we would expect a co-conspirator to say.......nice try criminal! We are gonna need you to turn over your bike as...um... evidence.

Check bikebandit.com to see if some o-ring should be there.

Back