I picked up my eBay bike...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what kind of clamps should be on the Trapps but these are just on with hose clamps.

They might not be on right. Supertrapps don't use clamps. They just slip right on and bolt in the stock locations.

They might be leaking, 4 discs is pretty quiet.

I have the bike on the lift now so I'll check and see if they Trapps are on right.

I'm making prgress, I got the front tire on and the backrest problem solved. Thanks for the advice on blowing out and lubing the latches. They work great now.

This thread is fixing to be shut down... I don't see ANY pictures... The number one rule is, anyone with a new motorcycle MUST post pictures...

I'm just sayin...

lol

Chris

This thread is fixing to be shut down... I don't see ANY pictures... The number one rule is, anyone with a new motorcycle MUST post pictures...

I'm just sayin...

lol

Chris
Well I don't want the thread shut down, I have a lot more questions! Here is the eBay picture, in all it's glory.

1228338891_WXV6M-S.jpg

OK... You're safe for now! lol

I found out a LONG time ago, that peoples idea of "clean" and my idea of "clean" are NOT the same. My idea of clean is when I take off the seat, there's no dust under it. Yes... I'm that anal...

That's the old style corbin. Those scoops aren't bad! They're non stock, but one of the better looking non stock units.

Chris

Well, that's not a bad looking bike... Actually the scoops are kind of a welcome site. I've got a number of sets that are stock and they get old after a while, looking at the same shape......

I blew the picture up, The old style Corbin's not bad. I have a couple, well, one's actually a Sergeant but I swear that Corbin made it... Yours appears pretty good in the picture.

It really looks like you have a good bike to start with....:biglaugh: That color is a 94 color. My 94 looked like that to start with...

I don't know about the color, the title says '93 and the paint looks original, the fenders are the same on the underside as well as the top so I don't think they were repainted. I guess someone could have switched them around for some reason.

Nice looking ride, it looks like you are missing the chrome heat shield on the head pipe were it connects to your super-trapps. I just sold a complete stock exhaust off a 1998 about a month ago cheap. I think the scoops look real good, enjoy the new ride!

I'd almost bet it's been painted. The side panels match and they didn't from the factory. Plus that yellow looks a bit too bright for '94.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Now that you mention it, my 94 side covers were all silver... Still, I like the Yellow.... Yellow and lots of Black work well together....

Now that you mention it, my 94 side covers were all silver... Still, I like the Yellow.... Yellow and lots of Black work well together....

I agree, yellow and black go great together. LOL

Attachments

• Right Side2.jpg
    Right Side2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21
j2dawson,
I have the stock exhaust from my 91 that you are welcome to come over and swap out with your supertrapps to see how it sounds. We are not that far apart, I am across the river from you in Lincoln county near Winfield,

j2dawson,
I have the stock exhaust from my 91 that you are welcome to come over and swap out with your supertrapps to see how it sounds. We are not that far apart, I am across the river from you in Lincoln county near Winfield,
Thanks for the generous offer. If this damn weather ever stays nice for a couple days I may take you up on it.

Do you have any interest in selling your stock exhaust?

Jim

I'd almost bet it's been painted. The side panels match and they didn't from the factory. Plus that yellow looks a bit too bright for '94.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.
After looking over the top cover, I've decided that it has been painted.

If you installed it and liked it, I would probably sell it. You would have to see it though, its not perfect, some scrapes on the bottom. I have a Marks system now and I am sure I won't go back to stock.

There is a bit of hardware required to install the stock mufflers. Look at the parts list and you can see what is needed. Don't want to be into the install and find out you don't have all the parts. :bang head:

There is a bit of hardware required to install the stock mufflers. Look at the parts list and you can see what is needed. Don't want to be into the install and find out you don't have all the parts. :bang head:

For the trapps it is just R&R...pull the mufflers off and replace with the trapps.,,,,,no other hardware.

If your just swapping out the mufflers 3 bolts hold it in place and the 4 clamps which should still be on the rack.

For the trapps it is just R&R...pull the mufflers off and replace with the trapps.,,,,,no other hardware.

If your just swapping out the mufflers 3 bolts hold it in place and the 4 clamps which should still be on the rack.

that's why they call them SLIP ON'S :clapping:

Latest posts

Back