Interesting Honda Concept...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
http://www.gizmag.com/honda-vultus-nm4-motorcycle/31522/pictures#1

Honda, the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer, has announced a new motorcycle – the 750 cc NM4 Vultus – and it's a bold departure from tradition with anime/manga styling, a "fighter pilot" feet-forward riding position, an ultra-low seat and advanced electronic rider assistance to make it easier to ride. This is a motorcycle aimed at the next generation of motorcycle enthusiast raised on video games and a different visual vocabulary. If you are a traditionalist, you'll probably hate it.

Attachments

• honda-vultus-nm4-66.jpg
    honda-vultus-nm4-66.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 92
Looks like something that could have been in Tron. Looks like it would be a fun bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think to round out the complete package for gamers to geek out on... the exhaust note needs to sound like a TIE fighter from Star Wars. That would be pretty awsome IMO. :punk:

Looks like a scooter to me. Should have enclosed the front wheel. I'm sure this one will bomb, but I'm a few years a lot of bikes will look like this.

All I can think of is this bike from the Japanese anime movie, Akira
Akira%252B01.JPG

Handling would definately suck on that thing. Just go full blown Tron and figure out how to get riders to lay down comfortably with rearward controls and no passenger accommodations...

Not that I like the bike, but I have to say the riding position looks to be similar to a Vmax with highway pegs.

I like the open front wheel. But yeah I am not fond of it. I bet for tooling back and forth to work on it would be good. Not for long distance though.

Todd

See Dan Gurney's Alligators, each is slightly different.
images
images
images

Yup.....you beat me to it. First thing that came to mind. His design is probably 30 years old, my Dad had a subscription to Popular Science and I'm pretty sure that's where I first saw them.

gatorGallery1c.jpg

Back