It's Alive!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick.

Reaction score
I got her going! Took me like 3 weeks but i did! Thanks to all who helped out! Alot of you may have read my thread about the solenoid which turned into an all around help thread, thanks guys. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10229

She revs great but won't idle. I think a simple check of the idler screw would cure that. Also, where are the air to fuel ratio screws? I could never find those

I got her going! Took me like 3 weeks but i did! Thanks to all who helped out! Alot of you may have read my thread about the solenoid which turned into an all around help thread, thanks guys. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10229

She revs great but won't idle. I think a simple check of the idler screw would cure that. Also, where are the air to fuel ratio screws? I could never find those

Congratulations!!!

Here are the location of the A/F screws. They are normally behind brass plugs, unless they've been removed.

Attachments

• carb_plugs.jpg
    carb_plugs.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 27
ah! thanks, how do i remove the plugs???

I'm putting the drive shaft back in tomorrow and taking the bike for a spin if it doesn't rain. I also smoothed out the idle

ah! thanks, how do i remove the plugs???

You need to VERY carefully drill 'em out. If they haven't been touched b4, make sure to record where they're set at by slowly screwing them in until them come to sit, counting the exact amount of turns it takes to get there. Each could be different. They are factory-set with gear we don't have.

BTW, to adjust the idle you do not need to touch the A/F screws - just the idle screw, located just under the left hand fuel bowl drain pipes.

And, if the idle screw does not behave as expected, you most definitely need to sync your carbs.

Nick, use a 1/8" drill bit, wrap some tape no more than 1/4" back from tip as a stop,and (as G said) very carefully drill a hole in the brass cap. The A/F screws are pretty far in but you don't want to take a chance on hitting them.
Then screw a sheet metal screw in the drilled hole and pull the plugs out with pliers.
It's a good idea to squirt a few drops of oil in those holes before trying to turn the A/F screws, plug the holes to keep the oil in and let them sit for a couple days.

the idle is set and it's very smooth at 1 grand. I just need to get like 6-8 screws for the air box cover because the guy sold me the bike with 2 and one is too big. I'm working on getting the drive shaft and rear brake caliper back on so i can mess around in the community with it today

Latest posts

Back