Jet-Hot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridin Dirty

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with Jet-Hot coatings? I'm interested in getting a set of Mark's exhaust pipes, but the stainless is kinda of dull and turns yellow. The pictures on the Jet-Hot website look real nice, and they make some interesting claims. Does the extreme silver look good and hold up?

Well, I had my kerker done about two years ago. When i got it done WOW it looked like chrome. Now that I have it I think that chrome is way easier to take care of. I had it done used, so i didn't get the warranty and where it had barely started rusting prior to the coating it caused the jet-hot to peel really bad and start rusting. If I would have done it new it may have changed my mind. Heres the pic of it new. I dont have one now but its a dull shine and looks more polish aluminum then chrome now. But, it does dissipate heat a lot better and runs cooler. Which i wanted because I drag race a lot.

All in all if you have the time to polish it routinely it would probably look like new but you have to keep up with it.

Attachments

• P1000672.jpg
    P1000672.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 46
The sterling coating looks good new and if a new pipe will have a good warranty. The black they offer is more durable but not flashy of course. I do offer the service through Jet Hot if desired. The biggest problem is that the coatings don't stick as well to stainless as they do to mile steel. BUT, the stainless don't need the coatings other then the color you noted. There is a coating out there that is more like a wax that is supposed to prevent the gold that you see after running for awhile.

Sean

Kerker , formerly chrome , Sean worked on it for me , then he had it coated by Jet-Hot in black. :punk:

Attachments

• Snow pics 2010 175.jpg
    Snow pics 2010 175.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 43
Thanks guys.

I guess I'll have to think about it. I guess the other alternative is to have the entire exhaust chromed. Anybody have an estimate of what chroming would cost?

My cost last I checked (since we offer chrome work) is $3 per inch of pipe. That's going to make it expensive. We can sell you a chromed new Kerker system for probably less! The only thing that doesn't come chrome is the can so we'd have to do that separately.
Sean

My cost last I checked (since we offer chrome work) is $3 per inch of pipe. That's going to make it expensive. We can sell you a chromed new Kerker system for probably less! The only thing that doesn't come chrome is the can so we'd have to do that separately.
Sean

Will the Kerker clear the center stand and swingarm brace? Your doing a flat brace and notching on my swingarm, if it ever arrives from Pinwall.

Sadly, the kerker will not only NOT clear the swingarm as noted but it will also NOT clear the tabs that the swingarm is bolted too. I don't remember if there is enough room for the brace even with it flat style. I think there just might be barely enough but can't remember.

Sean

Sadly, the kerker will not only NOT clear the swingarm as noted but it will also NOT clear the tabs that the swingarm is bolted too. I don't remember if there is enough room for the brace even with it flat style. I think there just might be barely enough but can't remember.

Sean

I guess I'll just stick with the Mark's Stainless setup and try to polish it up real good.

Latest posts

Back