jobs done

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16790

Reaction score
a little while back I asked for advice on some jobs, one was for cam cover removal for leaking seals and the other was the leaking middle gear case oil seal, I received all the advice I was looking for and I thank everyone for that,
having bought all the parts I needed (genuine YAMAHA) and having looked into what else was needed to do the job, I realised that although I like to do as much work as I can on my bike I now have to accept that my failing wrist joint is limiting what I can do, I also do not have the special tools needed to do these particular jobs so I had to admit that I needed to find somebody to do the jobs for me,
I chose 'EXACTREP' in Coventry UK, and having been there to drop my bike off and again to collect it I know I made the right choice, their service was excellent and I felt welcome, 'H's knowledge and friendliness impressed me and I will definitely go there again when I need things done that I can't manage myself, I got to see some of the items they sell and the quality was very good,
my ride home was great as the bike was running superb, I just thought I'd share this as a follow up the the questions I asked about those particular jobs,
thanks 'forum' and thanks EXACTREP

Glad it worked out for you Julian. As it happens, I had leaks in all of the aforementioned places that you had done. I needed to go ahead and adjust valve lash, and to rebuild on my clutch slave cylinder, so I chose to do it myself. I believe that much work would’ve been cost prohibitive in an outside shop. So far so good. No leaks!

thanks, well done doing yours, I think I might check out my clutch slave cylinder as the lever feels a bit stiff, at the moment our local authority have thought it necessary to spread salt all over our roads so I can't ride it to enjoy it now, so just the DUKE 390 for work but we're in lockdown in the UK again now

Latest posts

Back