Just hauled home a Nighthawk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has Cheng Shin tires on it now....tires that were bottom-barrel cheapos at least 5 years ago. My Magna had Kenda tires on it, which were cheap but actually fairly sticky.

After the initial joyride, a couple days later I went to start it again and got nothing but an electrical hiss from the starter. Took it apart and all the brushes had turned to dust. Fortunately I found a rebuilt kit on ebay for $25, and replaced all the brushes and gaskets.

After doing a 570 mile day trip on the Vmax on saturday, with lots of v-boosting and burning up highways, the Hawk feels downright slow in comparison. It's what I'd call adequate, but not exciting. It's fast enough to scoot from traffic and will pass easily with a downshift or three, but it's not speedy enough to ever get thrilled by it. The motor is so linear....there's virtually no power surge as the RPMs pick up, which makes it kind of boring.

Though it is whisper quiet. Stock exhaust, no holes in it. Idling I can barely hear a faint whirr through my helmet, and above 40 or so the engine is totally muted by wind noise.

whered u go on saturday that was 570 miles!?

Schroon Lake- Troy- Hampton Beach- Troy-Schroon Lake

I had ass cramps by the time I got to the beach, the way back was less than comfortable.

Latest posts

Back