leaking gas from butterfly shaft

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPure

Reaction score
I checked fiche on ronayers to see if there were replacable bushings or something for the butterfly shafts but didn't see anything. I'm leaking at the ends of the shafts on a couple carbs. Are there bushings in there or do the shafts ride directly in the carb body? If bushings, where do you get new ones?

Yeah, no parts for those. There are seals at each end. You either need a different carb body or have Morley replace them for you with seals he has. I'm tempted to take one of those seals out of a spare carb to see the size...maybe there's an aftermarket size available.

They are like miniature oil seals. I think they may be mcmaster carr seals.

Sean

cool, thanks. I'll take apart one of my venture carbs and see what they are. Do you know if venture uses same seal? Or shaft is same size?

I get .314" od on the venture shaft and .455" id in the seal bore in the body of the venture carb.
Do you have a max carb apart, or parts laying around that you could confirm this with?
thx

Not around the shop to see what the specs are. They aren't a conventional o-ring setup though.

Sean

oops, forgot you were on vacation! Yeah, it's more like a regular oil seal but with a rubber body instead of metal, and tiny.

Latest posts

Back