LED problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean-uk

Reaction score
I've installed a new led rear light on my bike but when I do the right indicator both the front ones ( which are led but worked fine before)come on.
Anyone know why this is happening ?

I've installed a new led rear light on my bike but when I do the right indicator both the front ones ( which are led but worked fine before)come on.
To trouble shoot or just plain tell you whats wrong , you would have to tell/show us how you wired it up.

I'm by no means an expert, but I believe you need either a led turn signal relay, or resistors wired in line to the signals. That's the word on "my street",. Not sure if that the word on other peoples street??

You did not mention if this was a gen 1 or gen 2? On the gen 1's they have a floating ground for the turn signal circuit meaning that as you go from one side to the other it changes which side grounds the system. This causes backfeeding through the systems when you have a much lower current draw as most LED's do. You either have to increase load to the system with parts meant for that, wire in your originals in parrallel and hide the old bulbs somewhere (usually adding the rears only back in is enough), or get a one way diode kit to prevent the backloading. BUT, to get it to flash properly you also need to convert to a more modern digital relay so it will blink at a normal rate. This eliminates the self cancel part of our systems.

I do sell these types of parts if needed.

Back