like slide guitar?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really a VMax thing, but here's a song by one of my friends, well, two actually, it was started w/the first verse & chorus in 1971, and finished recently, when the surviving member of that two found the file, and decided to do it.

I like bottleneck and slide guitar, but I'm not a musician. This song has some references going back to when the song was first written, some good visuals to accompany it.

The guy who didn't make it, Brian Lee Elkins, was a best-friend since high school, unfortunately he died if a heart attack at age 50. He was quite the character, like his father, Lee. He was a machinist (small business owner), a musician, and a great friend under any circumstances. At one time he worked at Gibson Guitars, and he had a collection of instruments, including a baby grand at his mother's home, which he was skilled at playing. His dad was a MI trucking owner, and sponsored racing teams in Indy-car, sprints, and midgets, going back to the early 1950's. Brian drove them all once he was old-enough. His dad's Indy car team sat on the pole at the Indy 500, and they won an Indy car race at Milwaukee following Indy one year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c4PEGx7K6hg

Brian and I went to the local SW MI Yamaha dealer in May 1972 and bought identical Yamaha 360 Enduros, I still have mine.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song and the video, it was a long time coming, and I miss my departed friend.

Latest posts

Back