Long Style (2005) V-Stax BellMouths Installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Gang...

I swore I would never do it, don't know what got into me, but, with the Artfibras mega-scoops they look okay.

I guess it was a UK thing that day, ordered my carbtune, and these, both arrived in the US within a week.

I have some mesh that I powder coated black that is yet to be installed, but, you get the idea. Without these, the scoops looked like Mickey Mouse ears coming at you :biglaugh:

Still waiting on the rear wheel and HMF to get him rolling again :thumbs up:

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• bellmouths_ left_01.jpg
    bellmouths_ left_01.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 145
  • bellmouths_ right_02.jpg
    bellmouths_ right_02.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 164
i like those also. how are you planning on keeping the mesh in those? i think the mesh is a must really makes em look cool. but i cant figure out how they are getting mesh to stay in there. jb weld? lol

i like those also. how are you planning on keeping the mesh in those? i think the mesh is a must really makes em look cool. but i cant figure out how they are getting mesh to stay in there. jb weld? lol

Thanks BIGMO...

After toying around with my mesh inserts, I'm going to try something different tonight. It's hard to find the right looking metal mesh in my area anywhere. It's either too big or too small on the weave pattern. The best looking metal mesh I've found locally was actually in some stove exhaust fan filters at lowes, just cut them up and out to fit the id of the bellmouths. You could machine a valley in the stacks, spot tig from behind, use JB, or perhaps gorilla glue to secure them. Lots of people just make them fit tight and run them like that without too much trouble.

I'll post my different approach pictures later tonight when I see the results.

Neil

Nothing too exciting, but, as promised, I finally think I have found the solution that works best for me on the mesh for the stacks.

Got tired of fooling with the metal type for fitting reasons, besides the fact nothing around here had the right size weave to it.

1- Went to Lowes and bought some fiberglass pet screen.

2- Cut the screen to fit the id of the bellmouths where they touch the carb covers.

3- Put one piece of screen in horizontal - Then another behind diagonal.

4- Tighten down and enjoy.

The fibergalss pet screen is soft enough to squash flat and let the bellmouths tighten all the way without causing problems...doesn't work that way with the metal mesh :biglaugh:

Side By Side Pics Attached For Comparison Of Before & After.

Neil

Attachments

• mesh_vstax_01.jpg
    mesh_vstax_01.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 83
  • mesh_vstax_02.jpg
    mesh_vstax_02.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 74
  • mesh_vstax_03.jpg
    mesh_vstax_03.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 88