looking at getting a max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently have both a '92 VMax and a '95 Magna, and they're both great bikes for different reasons. The Magna out handles my stock Max big time, so when I'm anticipating twisties I usually choose the Magna. The Max will blow right by the Magna in a straight line, and I'm totally addicted to the torque and hp of that sweet engine, not to mention the awesome exhaust note, so for all around riding I usually grab the VMax. For two up, the Mustang wide regal on the Magna is much more comfortable than the Sportmax saddle on the VMax, so the Magna or Royal Star is the ride for Cheryl and I.
IMO, the V4s are one hell of an engine design and there's no way you'll be disappointed going from the Magna to the VMax...

Currently have both a '92 VMax and a '95 Magna, and they're both great bikes for different reasons. The Magna out handles my stock Max big time, so when I'm anticipating twisties I usually choose the Magna. The Max will blow right by the Magna in a straight line, and I'm totally addicted to the torque and hp of that sweet engine, not to mention the awesome exhaust note, so for all around riding I usually grab the VMax. For two up, the Mustang wide regal on the Magna is much more comfortable than the Sportmax saddle on the VMax, so the Magna or Royal Star is the ride for Cheryl and I.
IMO, the V4s are one hell of an engine design and there's no way you'll be disappointed going from the Magna to the VMax...

I've been sitting on my stock 85 magna seat for the last 4 years. I gotta try sometime a new seat on someone else's bike. I can't complain about it. Its hard at times but I sit with good posture and it doesn't bother me much.

Seats are expensive too...I've seen $500 for them...ouch

I've been sitting on my stock 85 magna seat for the last 4 years. I gotta try sometime a new seat on someone else's bike. I can't complain about it. Its hard at times but I sit with good posture and it doesn't bother me much.

Seats are expensive too...I've seen $500 for them...ouch
Yeah, I think the Mustang cost us just under 400, but it makes a world of difference to our a$$e$, particularly on longer trips. Not sure what your options are on the Gen1 Magna. Check out some of the magna forums, you might find one for sale. I know the delphi magna forum http://login.prospero.com/dir-login...ms.com/n/main.asp?webtag=MagnaRider&nav=start caters to mostly gen3, but a couple of gen 1 owner members there, too.

Ravin, send me a pic of your '95 Royal Star and I'll send you a pic of mine.

Latest posts

Back