Lovin' my new 2010 Vmax in Japan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okilow1

Reaction score
Hello All...I'm lovin' my new 2010 Vmax here in Japan. I've had it 3 months now. The stock model in Japan is detuned to 150 bhps and a speed gov of 185 kph. However, I put in the Yamaha Race ECU (shop mechanic switched the wires to make it US spec), a Power Commander V, and full V&H CS One pipes...man oh man this thing screams now!!!!
Thanks to everybody for posting about your mods...I'm learning a lot about this truly magnificent machine. It's simply amazing.

If the bike was more competitive in term of price, I guess yam could sell some more.
It's still too high end to make it a real hit.
But that's a beautiful piece indeed :)

How much were the gen 1 sold bnew ?

I've only had my 2010 for a month now, and I also am LOVING it!
(and I came off a '93 PCW-1500 Max).
I also have the V&H CS-Ones, and I'm wanting to get the race ECU once I get the break-in over with...
Enjoy yours, as I know I'm going to enjoy mine!

before you get the race ECU, i think on the dyno theyre not even getting a full 2 horsepower out of it. you might see about tims reflash (which also fixes the bog these bikes have when trying to launch hard.) i think it may be a tad cheaper and he goes through and fixes all of the yamaha mistakes and corrects the AFR and allows your variable intake to open faster.

Back