max for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamaha Slows 2009 Motorcycle Production

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 2/26/2009
in Economics and Politics, Motorcycle Business
yamaha.gif
is looking at rising inventories of unsold motorcycles and has decided to cut 2009 production by 24 percent. This year’s production will be only about 260,000 units to adjust for the current backlog. Motorcycle stockpiles bound for Europe are twice normal levels while motorcycle inventories for the U.S. are up 50 percent.
Yamaha has already decided to shut its main assembly plant in Shizuoka Prefecture and the parts plants that feed it for 10 days in February and March to reduce output by 13,000 motorcycles, and it plans to negotiate with labor unions for more work stoppages in the second calendar quarter of 2009.
If you’re looking for a new Yamaha, this is an opportunity to get a great deal. Stop by your local and make an offer. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

Yamaha Slows 2009 Motorcycle Production

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 2/26/2009
in Economics and Politics, Motorcycle Business
yamaha.gif
is looking at rising inventories of unsold motorcycles and has decided to cut 2009 production by 24 percent. This year?s production will be only about 260,000 units to adjust for the current backlog. Motorcycle stockpiles bound for Europe are twice normal levels while motorcycle inventories for the U.S. are up 50 percent.
Yamaha has already decided to shut its main assembly plant in Shizuoka Prefecture and the parts plants that feed it for 10 days in February and March to reduce output by 13,000 motorcycles, and it plans to negotiate with labor unions for more work stoppages in the second calendar quarter of 2009.
If you?re looking for a new Yamaha, this is an opportunity to get a great deal. Stop by your local and make an offer. You might be very pleasantly surprised.
check there web sight from time to time 2000 dollars off is comming soon on certain models...bad timing for the max its a total loss for yamaha

I would sell mine also after getting all excited about all the BS and hype how fast its going to be. When it arrives it gets stomped on by a B-King.. For sale here also.. Maybe next year VMAX, hopefully they can make the 2010 model run with the big dogs. Until then I will stay on the porch with my FFW..

Have you ever actually ridden one? Is all of your trash talk based upon mag. numbers? If you had actually ridden one I don't think you would be so quick to "write" it off! Personally I have never ridden a more exciting bike right out of the box, and that includes MANY sport bikes!

Do you think that many people are backing out of the sale? I would think that the grand would be lost if you backed out. Maybe I am wrong but I know I would not just throw a grand to a stealership, for notta in return.

It's a fact if you back out yamaha motor co. gets your grand. The Dealership dosen't see any of that money. The dealer gets the bike if it can't be cancelled and at that point can sell it for $16,999 and make the same profit.

It's a fact if you back out yamaha motor co. gets your grand. The Dealership dosen't see any of that money. The dealer gets the bike if it can't be cancelled and at that point can sell it for $16,999 and make the same profit.

Eh, the 1000 does go to yamaha but it's knocked off the dealers cost for the bike.

If a buyer backs out the dealer owes yamaha $14,200 or close to that on the invoice. That's the dealer cost of $15,200-$1,000 deposit. The original buyer already paid down on the bike.

So in effect the dealer gets the $1000 to play with in selling the bike that didn't get picked up. Hence the reason some dealers "refund" deposits when in actuality, yamaha has the original money.

Back