max for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that many people are backing out of the sale? I would think that the grand would be lost if you backed out. Maybe I am wrong but I know I would not just throw a grand to a stealership, for notta in return.

not sure how the thousand works..i think a large number of bikes where not sold from the beginning like they tryed to say....saying all 2000 are sold with a 1000 down and going fast...that was bullshit .. very few had a thousand down ..was all hype bad timing in bad economy ....with bking for low 11s or less the max has no choice come this fall pricing is dropping fast...and thats good they had some balls charging those prices not just yamaha all bikes

You can put away the haterade at any time.

Big dogs? who are the big dogs? liter bikes?

No Hatred here. I just speak in reality and I am brutally honest.
The way I look at is..... The VMAX was orginally the 1/4 mile king in its own league back in 1985. There was so much hype and media out last year about the 09 VMAX making 200HP and was going to be the dragstrip king once again. Videos of it beating a jet dragster, spinning the tire all the way down the track and even a video of it going down the 1/4 mile and if you time it,,, it was in the high 9 second bracket. So of course part of that high dollar price tag compared to other jap bikes in its class it is a little over priced. We expected the King to be alive again and laugh at a B-King on the streets since the B-King numbers were in the 10's as far as 1/4 ET goes. Even the speed of 147 MPH in the 1/4 mile is a solid high 9 second pass... Once Yamaha gets there money its a different story. No wonder it took them so long to get numbers in the mag of its performace..
Dont get me wrong its a neat looking bike and has lots of technoligy to it. Big improvement in tires, brakes, suspension, frame and electronics, but hey we are comparing this to 80's technoligy when other manufactures been making these components, so whats all the Hoop about.. I dont get it..
If you get tired of it you can trade your 09 in for about 15 chinese scooters and start your own Scooter Mafia Gang

i wonder if anyone worked the $1k downpayment as the dealer paid it and they would pay the rest.. so it was easy for them to back out...

The $1000 deposit is supposed to be non-refundable because it goes to yamaha, not the dealer.....

Who knows what really happens behind the curtain though?

The $1000 deposit is supposed to be non-refundable because it goes to yamaha, not the dealer.....

Who knows what really happens behind the curtain though?

well i know for sure there was a name on the bike when it first came in with a sigh dont sit on this bike.....week later no sign that reminds me to sit on the bike tomorrow

Do you think that many people are backing out of the sale? I would think that the grand would be lost if you backed out. Maybe I am wrong but I know I would not just throw a grand to a stealership, for notta in return.

The dealer isn't getting the $1000 down payment. That went straight to Yamaha Motor Co. It is non refundable.

Many of the bikes now on the floor were purchased by the dealers themselves and yes they had to give Yamaha the $1000 also.

The way I look at is..... The VMAX was orginally the 1/4 mile king in its own league back in 1985. There was so much hype and media out last year about the 09 VMAX making 200HP and was going to be the dragstrip king once again. Videos of it beating a jet dragster, spinning the tire all the way down the track and even a video of it going down the 1/4 mile and if you time it,,, it was in the high 9 second bracket. So of course part of that high dollar price tag compared to other jap bikes in its class it is a little over priced. We expected the King to be alive again and laugh at a B-King on the streets since the B-King numbers were in the 10's as far as 1/4 ET goes. Even the speed of 147 MPH in the 1/4 mile is a solid high 9 second pass... Once Yamaha gets there money its a different story. No wonder it took them so long to get numbers in the mag of its performace..
Dont get me wrong its a neat looking bike and has lots of technoligy to it. Big improvement in tires, brakes, suspension, frame and electronics, but hey we are comparing this to 80's technoligy when other manufactures been making these components, so whats all the Hoop about.. I dont get it..
If you get tired of it you can trade your 09 in for about 15 chinese scooters and start your own Scooter Mafia Gang

I speak this not because you are some anti-09 tirade, but because your name is YANKEE. Negative NANCY. I'm picking mine up friday. And when some douche on a Hayabusa or B-king pulls up to race, It tell em FUCK OFF) I am changing my IPOD to a jamming Black Crowes tune while I soak in all 200hp. And tell myself the wanna be drag race "champs" are stuffed full of their own burrito gas.

Last edited:
If most of the 09's currently on the floor are buyer backouts, and if the advance $1000 deposits were non-refundable, then there might be a grand there that the dealers aren't backing out of their 'dealer cost' figure.
I don't know if the deposits were non-ref. but it's certainly worth looking into if anyone is thinking of buying one.

If I backed out the dealer said no problem. I wasnt getting Sstuck. Its a high dollar machine that WILL be sold

I wouldn't say we think you hate the new Max, it's just that about 95% of what you say about the Max is negative leading a few to think you hate it. I would normally tell someone who is consistently saying the BKing will beat the Max, it's cheaper, faster, Bking this, Bking that, to go buy the BKing and stfu. To those that didn't want to spend that kind of money on the new Max (or didn't think it's worth it), just know there are plenty of Busa's, BKing's and Hardley's for sale, go pick one up now before it's too late.:rofl_200:

I will say that whoever had to pay MSRP on the Max should have been able to talk the stealer down. I have no regrets putting my money down and my bike should be here any day now. This will be the last big purchase for a long time, too much uncertainty in the future to be making any more purchases. Hell, Yamaha may have to close their doors in the future due to the economy, we may have the only Gen II Max's ever!

I wouldn't say we think you hate the new Max, it's just that about 95% of what you say about the Max is negative leading a few to think you hate it. I would normally tell someone who is consistently saying the BKing will beat the Max, it's cheaper, faster, Bking this, Bking that, to go buy the BKing and stfu. To those that didn't want to spend that kind of money on the new Max (or didn't think it's worth it), just know there are plenty of Busa's, BKing's and Hardley's for sale, go pick one up now before it's too late.:rofl_200:

I will say that whoever had to pay MSRP on the Max should have been able to talk the stealer down. I have no regrets putting my money down and my bike should be here any day now. This will be the last big purchase for a long time, too much uncertainty in the future to be making any more purchases. Hell, Yamaha may have to close their doors in the future due to the economy, we may have the only Gen II Max's ever!
goodluck with the new max fast looking foward to the reports :clapping:

goodluck with the new max fast looking foward to the reports :clapping:

Thanks! My dealer keeps telling me "It's supposed to be here in February". Ummm.....there's only a few days left!:ummm:

Thanks! My dealer keeps telling me "It's supposed to be here in February". Ummm.....there's only a few days left!:ummm:
ill tell ya if i wasnt worry,ed about keeping busy with work... i have a yamaha credit card with 17000 credit limit...i always enjoyed riding a heavy bike the same way i enjoy riding a heavy car has a rich feel to it

I thought I read somewhere that there is a 4 to 6 month backlog at customs, I could be wrong though. Good luck!!! With a grand down they dont give someway to track them???

ill tell ya if i wasnt worry,ed about keeping busy with work... i have a yamaha credit card with 17000 credit limit...i always enjoyed riding a heavy bike the same way i enjoy riding a heavy car has a rich feel to it

I totally Agree. My cars have to be 3500lbs and up...

There is an 09 VMAX at the local dealership in Sherman, Tx..........I went up there to look at it, but of course, they wouldn't let me test ride it, even though I went up there on my 90 VMAX! They wanted me to sit down and go through ALL the paperwork, including the financing, before they would let me ride it, and that would have been AFTER signing the paperwork and buying the bike. Then, if I changed my mind, I could bring it back and they would tear up the paperwork! YEA RIGHT! This bike has been sitting there for at least 6 weeks with no takers, the sales manager emails be every couple of days begging for me to come and buy it. No way, Jose! I'm going to wait until the price comes down some more, and this one was ALREADY down to 16,499.......he said the guy that ordered it backed out, and since they already had his grand, they could afford to go lower on it! There are a couple dealerships in the area that still have 09's sitting on the showroom floor, they aren't exactly selling like hotcakes, better for the consumers I guess!!! I keep thinking I want one, but I still think it would be smarter to wait it out. What are the chances they will even make an 2010 model? Probably not good if these aren't selling very well............

well if there is 2010 model you wont see any on the floor untill the 09 are all gone so you may not see 2010 untill 2011....thats what happened to the gen1 max towards the end last 10 years always seemed to have a new left over on the floor and would not replace it untill it was gone yamaha in the fall will have 2000 off from factory bringing then down to the 14000s

I thought I read somewhere that there is a 4 to 6 month backlog at customs, I could be wrong though. Good luck!!! With a grand down they dont give someway to track them???

Ummm....What!?!? Boy if that be the case I might have to demand a price reduction, that would be insane to wait that much longer! Hell, I'd get the bike then have to put it away for the Winter right away.

Ummm....What!?!? Boy if that be the case I might have to demand a price reduction, that would be insane to wait that much longer! Hell, I'd get the bike then have to put it away for the Winter right away.

what you paid is your business and over paying never bothered me as long as i was happy..... but if you do wait any longer id make a stink ..and say i can find them everywhere for thousands less take some money off..wont hurt if there smart and think you will walk they just might drop 1000 off

Back