Mid shaft again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie K

Reaction score
Is it possible to tighten the nut from the U joint to the midshaft without removing the rear swing arm. The nut on my bike came loose and is off the end Of the shaftand I was wondering if I could just put the nut back on with a ratchet through the opening that the driveshaft goes through or do I also have to remove everything including the swing arm.? Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't believe so. There's a small access port on top of swing arm but don't think it's big enough to get a wrench through. Probably best to remove it and see if there any damage to the u-joint or middle driven gear assembly.

I have resolved the problem, I took everything apart and took out the rear swingarm and replaced the original nut with a nyloc nut with red thread lock so I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Luckily for me the shaft was in good shape but the nut was destroyed

Attachments

• 524ADB1B-29B9-425D-8F2D-A88C0BF5AC92.jpeg
    524ADB1B-29B9-425D-8F2D-A88C0BF5AC92.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 4BAFC2D1-DDE8-40A4-BC1E-BEEBE3117130.jpeg
    4BAFC2D1-DDE8-40A4-BC1E-BEEBE3117130.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 26
Hmmm is the original part a nyloc?

It must get pretty warm in there so could the heat affect the non metal gripper?

There are all steel nut that have a similar grip end, the name escapes me..... Aerotight self locking, and there is a lower profile variant from the same store clked self-locking (I can upload photos if you require)

Thanks but I think it would have to get pretty hot to affect it, anyway, time will tell. Also used red thread lock so I hope I’m good

Latest posts

Back