Milan Dragway Test and Tune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to figure that 200lbs. was worth about 30hp. So 50lbs. maybe 8hp. The track has way more grip than the street. Where your tire breaks loose on the street it probably hooks up on the track.

Ok everyone so I think I finally did my first rolling burnout!!!! It kind of freaked me out, I thought something happened to my tranny, popped out of gear it sounded like, but the bike did move forward. I just got off the highway and turned right into a long uphill drive and just laid into it zzzzZZZZZZ and the rear felt light. Now I think I wil try it again intentioaly to see if I can repeat it.

275 lb rider + 635 Bike mass =910 lbs
235 lb Rider + 635 bike mass =870 lbs

Consider 125 hp bike

125/910 = .137
125/870 = .143

Difference of .006 power to weight ratio.

Take .006 and multiply that by 910 lbs to get 5.46 hp need to be equal to my PW ( power to weight ratio ).

So Mike you would need 5.46 more hp to maintain the same power to weight ratio I have.

So in mathematical theory I can make 5.5 hp less then Mike and be as fast as him, or he would need to make 5.5 hp more then me to be as fast as me to offset his added mass.

There is a whole plethora of math to equate numbers out....

Todd

All i wanted to know is what number i should try and get in the 1/4 mile. I wont be doing much to change my bike.

Math will get you close but the real world is always a different story, last year I was at the track one day running consistent 11.6's and I let my friend Kevin take a pass, he weighs maybe 230 in gear vs my 293 and his first pass he went 11.30 at 118 with a shitty launch. These bikes make ok torque but are seriously lacking in HP so every pound counts big time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Math is only paper theory. It helps you get an idea of what is possible in perfect settings.

On the same token, if you have the perfect air temp and wind at you back etc you can run better then you where originally thought to on paper.

From what I ve run so far, I think that a stock bike is pretty capable to run 11.20-30's without modifications. With after market mods, I believe 11.0's-10.90's is capable. The key to all of it is weight and skill.

I don't have the small weight like some of these guys ( 235 lbs with gear ). Watching NA grudge bikes run and seeing these guys crack 7.0-7.20's, you can see these guys weigh at the MOST 150 lbs. Most probably hoover around 130-140 lbs. They are tiny guys. Guys like Pee Wee running this bike back then had a 100 lb advantage over most of us. That right there is worth around .30's, maybe .40's. So take my best run of 11.29 , chop off .30 and you have 11.0 on my bike just in weight. Now take rider skill from Pee Wee and knock my 60 ft down to a 1.5x-1.60 and there is another .20 difference ( 1.80 my best 60 that day ) and figure for every .10 at the 60 ft mark is usually around a .15 at a 1/4 mile, thats another .30 off my time ( which is now at 11.0 ) and he just ran 10.70.

So I seriously think its do able for someone to run in the 10's on a stock bike, if you have an optimal running bike, light weight rider and the skill to produce.

Now this is all on paper, but we've see the video's of Pee Wee , Dale Walker etc produce 10 second runs on these bikes. I believe these bikes were also massage a bit from the factory as well. Because we all know how road tests are setup.

Having a pro rider like Rickey Gadsen produce a supposed 9.71 @ 146 mph on a ZX14 stock is phenominal. But how much does Ricky weigh? Around 150 lbs I heard. So again another light weight.

So Mike if you want to go faster without spending $1400, lose 30-40 lbs! That will be worth around a .10-.15 for free!

Todd

How many times do i have to say this. I only want to try and run the best time my bike will run with me and my belly on it.

Back