MT-10 MAX replacement? 2022

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
I recently saw the Dyno test on the MT-10 and it was rear wheel 136 hp and 79 torque,,very similar in torque to the Gen 1 and far more HP. This is a lighter bike by far and very advanced technically. By putting around $600 into a new exhaust and flash you can pull around 157 HP. One issue with this bike is how high you sit and an uncomfortable stock seat. There is a load of options on the market and in 2022 they will have in the USA the SP version. The engine is the cross-plane R-1 engine de-tuned for this naked MT-10. I think this will be YAMA's answer to no MAX,,?? Thoughts..........

modern bikes like that are just a complicated mess of odd shaped pieces of plastic to me, they look like the designers got their inspiration from off cuts of wood on a carpenters floor and maybe a few angles from a screwed up crisp packet

I totally agree with JT.

Kawasaki Z1 and derivatives is no doubt the best looking bike ever, nothing comes close. No excess plastic, fake scoops or stupid carb covers. Minimalist and styled.

This one is A3 model, note front callipers behind the forks, non standard seat, aftermarket exhaust ( strange as they exit usually on the right side) and I shorter 'duck tail' that I believe was on US model.

I maybe kicking over a big whoop ass bucket of controversy but IMO it's better looking than the Vmax..... now ducks for cover...

Screenshot_20210130-095904.jpg

I certainly hope that is not the thinking at Yamaha. It is powerful but not a muscle bike or cruiser.
I think with the environmental restrictions on gas motors there will be no muscle bikes in the very near future ever again to be built. The R&D will be into the inline 4's, and that will probably end within a decade if not sooner. If you look at the Gen 2 MAX motor just think of all the R&D in that, never to be used again, and I bet YAMA only broke even on that investment. At least in the Gen 1 that motor was also used in the Venture. I would even bet the future of the FJR is also very limited, especially with the recent massive and nightmarish recall.

from what I've read your new president is going to try and get rid of all fossil fuel industries (I hope he doesn't), that might change vehicle use forever, it might happen here too, possibly, the future is windmill bikes :eek:

I swear I visualize a future where my grandson visits me and lives out Rush's Red Barchetta (with my VMax).

Despite the hype and politics, I just can see it happening, certainly not before I need to hang up my driving license. The major drawback is replensihing the energy source, with petrol or diesel engine, find the nearest station and within 5 minutes you are topped up and back on the road. Electric requires a much longer wait, I'm not up to date with the techmology but a full charge I'm guessing even with the high power charge points is going to be at least an hour. The only way around it is to have huge AA batteries that can be swapped out at stations but I'm not aware such a standard exists.

If have ever worked on an engine and ran it without the cam cover to see the valves whizzing around at a billion rpm or it run it without an exhaust to see fire spat out, then only then you will see the magic that is missing in an electric motor.

I totally agree with JT.

Kawasaki Z1 and derivatives is no doubt the best looking bike ever, nothing comes close. No excess plastic, fake scoops or stupid carb covers. Minimalist and styled.

This one is A3 model, note front callipers behind the forks, non standard seat, aftermarket exhaust ( strange as they exit usually on the right side) and I shorter 'duck tail' that I believe was on US model.

I maybe kicking over a big whoop ass bucket of controversy but IMO it's better looking than the Vmax..... now ducks for cover...

View attachment 75109
When in doubt - only 1 solution. Get one of each :D VmxZ900_2.JPG

I see this coming and have seen it for a while now...............
Just wait till we're dependant on all electric and the power companies are going to wallop us with extremely high electric bills.

They'll say it's necessary because the power grid can't handle it. We'll be paying through the nose. And it will cost wayyyyyyyy more to run electric vehicles in the long run that any gas car. Anddddd, you won't even have a choice of competition. You won't be able to drive a bit and seek out another gas station like now. The electric company is usually spread out far and wide, so you won't be able to go anywhere else for a more competitive cost.

Ah, yes,,,,,,,,,,, they'll have this very well panned out. Oh and if the power goes out (like it does during high usage times; summer, etc), you'll be screwed as far as getting 'fueled up' in the electric cars.

Don't get me wrong, I really have a lot of affection for 'some' electric cars being on the road. But once it's mandated and we head toward 'most or all' cars being electric,,,,,,,, we'll all be slaves to the power company and their ever increasing costs. And that will affect ALL of our power costs (electric refridge, air condioning at home, basically every friggin' thing we use....) Then it's going to be expensive to just charge our phones.

Vinnie

Last edited:
and once everyone is dependent on it they will be able to control you better by limiting how much electric you can have by turning off your supply remotely, then terrorists will blow up the suppliers and all will be plunged into darkness,
better see if Mr. Flintstone wants to sell his car

I recently saw the Dyno test on the MT-10 and it was rear wheel 136 hp and 79 torque,,very similar in torque to the Gen 1 and far more HP. This is a lighter bike by far and very advanced technically. By putting around $600 into a new exhaust and flash you can pull around 157 HP. One issue with this bike is how high you sit and an uncomfortable stock seat. There is a load of options on the market and in 2022 they will have in the USA the SP version. The engine is the cross-plane R-1 engine de-tuned for this naked MT-10. I think this will be YAMA's answer to no MAX,,?? Thoughts..........
MT 10 looks like a Buell to me.....
2021 Yamaha MT-10 Hyper Naked Motorcycle - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more

I see this coming and have seen it for a while now...............
Just wait till we're dependant on all electric and the power companies are going to wallop us with extremely high electric bills.

Vinnie

This is almost guaranteed. Currently, in most places, a significant portion of gasoline taxes pay for the maintenance and improvement of roads. Right now, governments are leaving electric vehicle to operate road tax free because they want to encourage the development of the technology. Once plug-in electric vehicles are mainstream, they will HAVE to start introducing tax schemes to replace lost gasoline and diesel pump taxation. One possibility is a transportation tax on electric consumption. Some jurisdictions are considering a vehicle license tax but that fails to ensure that granny (who drives rarely) expects to pay less tax than Joe (who drives a taxi).

Latest posts

Back