My other Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marecki

Reaction score
So as some of you know, I also own a sportbike (and prefer it honestly) a 1998 CBR 600F3, I purchased it in May of 2010 with 4,500 miles for $2,500... it was a great deal in Chicago. Bike was sitting for a few years in the owners garage so when I got it the carbs were all green.

Well last year installed some mods (rearsets, ss lines, new gauges, full yoshi exhaust, and some other misc things) bike looked great and like brand new with mods. I rode it for about 15k miles, then decided to work on my fairings (they were scratched up and destroyed a little) I fixed the fairings, repainted them and installed.

Turned out like this
IMG_2950.jpg

That night I parked my bike in my backyard because our siding was being replaced, at around 2am I heard a *bang* (wasn't asleep) and said to myself with my luck that was my bike... and that it was, luckily it was in the grass so nothing mechanically was damaged... but the rare tail fairing that took me a month to get just right was shattered... So I said f00k it, took off the rear fairing and rode until mid November (yes, it was cold) which ended up being another 7,000 miles (22k total.)

Mid December I came across some new fairings, requires a little (understatement) modification... after 2 months I'm almost done, I did some minor upgrades to the bike and maintenance that was forth coming either way, just gave me a reason to do it sooner.

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

Although not completed yet, that's almost the final product, it's pretty close.

Just wanted to share with you guys... luckily until this month I was riding the vmax, then 1 of the COP's took a poop.

Alan

Nice CBR. I had a 99 F4, it was a great bike. Looks like it took you some effort to put the F4I bodywork on?

Oh yea, huge amount of effort, complete fabrication of mounts and getting it all to fit just right... I've learned a great deal thanks to it, one of my most important skills I learned was welding

Back