My trip to Daytona.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I think I am going to put the whole trip in one post as a complete story.

But foot notes.

1 rode all over Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and I think we snuck in South Carolina as well.

2 the guys I met up with have been great. They ride hard and rode faster than alot of people I ride with so it was fun.....even though we were riding in the mountains in the rain on wet roads.

3 I love the ZX14. It does everything well.

4 Gas mileage is awesome. Riding hard I am still averaging 185-210 miles per tank. Thats at mostly 85-95 mph highway. I saw 165 a few times also. Plenty of triple digits 100-125. If it was ridden normal I dont doubt 220-250 miles per tank.

No rain gear, but had full leather so I was ok.

I need a cell phone mount.

I need a rear tire like on the next couple days. This one has seen better days.

Bike will lay down long black stripes in 1 & 2 gear with utter ease. Just twisted the throttle produces them. Its fun. But I haven't done it much because of thr tire.

Coming out of corners on the wet with any throttle made the back end kick around. On the mountains with rushing water below me was a little scary till I got used to it. Then I was starting to see how sideways I could get. Figured after a few times I better stop before you hear about me on the news.

Giving the bike throttle in second gear on some back roads to pass a truck resulted in a rocket blast with the front tire clawing for air as the bike took off. The fastest and highest rpm I took it yet in 2nd.

4th gear is good for atleast 165 mph, maybe 170. Indicated on the speedo. I have tried 5 or 6 th gear yet.

Averaging 39 mpg with active riding. So I bet 42-43 mpg should be attainable if you rode easy.

Front brakes are scary good. Getting used to them. You can stop on a penny and give change!

My go pro video was pointed too far down.... I am bummed.

Thats about it. Its 1 am and I need some sleep.

Todd

I am putting together a post with pictures of my trip.

I got down to Daytona and couldnt get service on my phone. So I couldn't access anyone's numbers because I didn't write them down.

Out of respect for my wife and "our" vacation together I put my phone away except to take pictures. This is the first time the two of us have had a vacation by ourselves without kids. Not even our honey moon.

But I ll post it up soon.

Todd

Glad you survived the trek. Wasn't sure what happened since everything went dark. I look forward to seeing the compilation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Glad you and the misses got some quality time together. Hopefully you didn't drive each other too crazy. :biglaugh:

I need a cell phone mount.

I highly recommend this RAM mount:

61uP-SDe6SL._SL1500_.jpg

K, so ... I'm a RAM geek. This mount follows me from car to bike to bike. There are numerous ways of affixing the RAM balls and the X grip mount is packaged with all variety of mounts at Amazon. The phone is held very securely and it works with whatever case you choose.

Latest posts

Back