Nash flash o2 sensor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linkdead

Reaction score
I'm sending my ECU off to be flashed and installing a full Akra exhaust. My question is do I need to reinstall the o2 sensor on the bike?

If you are gonna strictly run the reflashed ecu......no. it is a fixed map with no adjustments being made by the ecu. If you will be using an autotune hooked into a power commander.....then yes you will......because it will see the A/F and make adjustments accordingly.

Is the stock o2 sensor wideband? Are guys using autotune still with the mapped ECU?

The stock O2 sensor is narrow band. The O2 sensor that comes with the autotune is wide band.

This is what Tim told me when I called him the first time. 80% of everyone that gets the Ecu reflashed will be very happy with it. The other 20% will want it to be perfect and so will go with the power commander 5 to be able to tune it all the way.

Now that being said......the pcv only gives percentages. So.....unless you on a dyno......you dont know what the air fuel numbers are. Now......with the autotune you can say that I want a particular air fuel at a certain rpm and throttle position. I also run the pod300. Which is a gauge that can be configured multiple ways. I have configured for air fuel and throttle position. This way I can see what is happening at all times. For instance......at 15% of the throttle and 4000 rpm what I have the autotune set at......the bike likes......but it doesnt like it at 20% throttle.

Also......sometimes the autotune will give a positive fuel number in one cell.......and negative.....taking away fuel in another. It's easy to see things in real time using the pod300.

Last edited:
Back