Ne owner of 2013 VMAX need help with Nash Flash question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amjad Khan

Reaction score
Hi folks, love this forum. I just purchased a 2013 vmax with 7400 miles. Original intention was to ride a little and sell it, but more I rode it more I prefer to ride the VMAX than my GSX S1000. So now I am planning on keep it.

After going through some threads here, and unable to make a decision to go with Nash flash or not. My current bike is completely stock except that I recently changed the air filter to K&N, that said will doing the Nash Flash with stock parts give me any gains or noticeable change. I have noticed now that the power doesn't kick in until 4000 rpm's. Will doing the Nash Flash get me a linear power across all RPM's, will the engine braking on lower rpm's bring noticeable change. Can anyone here attest to the changes on stock after the Nash Flash. Sorry if this was already asked.. thanks in advance.

You will absolutely notice the difference! I was disappointed with how restrictive the factory map was. If I remember correctly, anything under 8k rpm means 100% throttle only equals 47% open on the throttle bodies. I also did not like the high amount of engine braking that the bike had because of the exup valve in the exhaust. The only mods I have done are to remove the air box baffle and install a K&N filter and installed the double clutch spring. Once I did the stock v2 Nash flash it made the bike so much better to ride. The throttle is much more linear and the engine braking is noticeably less. I don’t regret my Nash flash one bit!

My Gen I 1260 seemed quicker than my '09 when I first got it. Got Tim to burn the box...and also put an Optimal Carbone mid pipe on and the difference was night & day! Can't say what it would have been like with the cat installed but would bet the difference would still be substantial.

Hi folks, love this forum. I just purchased a 2013 vmax with 7400 miles. Original intention was to ride a little and sell it, but more I rode it more I prefer to ride the VMAX than my GSX S1000. So now I am planning on keep it.

After going through some threads here, and unable to make a decision to go with Nash flash or not. My current bike is completely stock except that I recently changed the air filter to K&N, that said will doing the Nash Flash with stock parts give me any gains or noticeable change. I have noticed now that the power doesn't kick in until 4000 rpm's. Will doing the Nash Flash get me a linear power across all RPM's, will the engine braking on lower rpm's bring noticeable change. Can anyone here attest to the changes on stock after the Nash Flash. Sorry if this was already asked.. thanks in advance.
IMHO, keep it stock and ride it trouble free,,also will maintain value as a stock Max. :)

O

I am on my 2nd 2016, first got totalled. Both were totally stock to start with and I intended on keeping them that way. Little by little the more I read the more I wanted a little change. Decided on the simple MAB with K&N, Akrapovic mid-pipe with stock cans and Nash flash. Could not be happier! Bike is smoother, more responsive throughout the RPM range quicker, faster and just fun to put on if that's what I want. These are minor changes that make huge differences. All for less than $2k mostly being the Akrapovic being $1100. Money well spent on a great reliable bike.

I would do it again in an instant. much better bike. I did put delkavicks on it first

You will not regret it. I purchased a spare ECU from Tim and had his flash installed in it and retained the stock ECU just in case I want to revert back to factory tune. Have never changed back... I think for me the harsh engine braking and mushy throttle were reason enough to install Tim's flash. All corrected after the mod. He also removed the speed limiter.

Don

You will get a lot of performance if you do the flash with other typical mods but even a bone stock bike with no mods other than a Nash flash yields so much better running, especially just off idle. I wonder to this day how Yamaha put that bike out there with some of those aggravations. Yes, most definitely get the flash. The bog/hesitation just after idle will be gone, the increase in engine braking when rolling off the throttle around 3-4K will be gone. Some of the cat-delete systems allow use of the stock mufflers & you can get one relatively cheap if money isn't flowing out your ass.

My 2012 was Gurued flashed and it was awesome with Akrapovic cans and cat delete, air box mod and power commander. My 2020 i haven't done the mods yet but it's on the list to do in the next few weeks but looking at other brands of flash

Back