" near misses "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My close call was a 70-mph panic stop on US75, thanks to a landscaping trailer's stopping in front of me - and with no friggin' brake lights. Lucky I wasn't packing heat that day.

For the left-turners in front of me, I've just ordered a headlight modulator, and plan on installing it as soon as it arrives. $100 bucks is nothing compared to a faceplant on some soccer mom's Navigator grill.

Almost anything other than a landscaping trailer man, that'd be like hitting a big cheese grater! :hitsfan:

dan

Almost anything other than a landscaping trailer man, that'd be like hitting a big cheese grater! :hitsfan:

dan

Yup, it had a grated fold-down ramp on the back, and loaded inside with power equipment. I got into the back brake too much, but kept it close to straight and stopped just short of the trailer.

For about a week I had convinced myself to buy the first bike I could find with ABS. That deal with myself didn't last long. :ummm:

Last Spring the girlfriend and I took a roadtrip to Yellowstone on my Max. Came about 3 inches from being run off the road by some stupid bee-otch on her cell phone changing lanes into mine.

I have never riden the same since. Ultra paranoid and constantly planning an "escape route" should the need arise.

I have also found that mounting a pair of auto horns and using them when necessary, has helped me avoid (or rather scared the shit out of and thereby helped THEM avoid) anything close since.

Latest posts

Back