need some help with a stubborn fork

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should only go on one way and is put on after you put the dampener through the inner steel tube. Let me look at your picture again.

Drop your dampener down in there and then use that to help push the white part out. The spring fits into that part if it's the one I am thinking of.

All done, mang!! what an ass pain, especially that thick steel collar!! I used your PVC pipe method, worked perfectly.

I am now the leading authority on dismantling and trouble shooting these stoopid forks!!

I recently changed the Fork oil seals of both sides. After a week, I noted that one side is leaking fluid. I've used OEM seals.
Should I disassemble and reassemble using the same seal to see if it stops the leak, or should I go for a new seal anyway?
Thanks !!!

I recently changed the Fork oil seals of both sides. After a week, I noted that one side is leaking fluid. I've used OEM seals.
Should I disassemble and reassemble using the same seal to see if it stops the leak, or should I go for a new seal anyway?
Thanks !!!
I'd try using a seal mate to clean it up before replacing it,
http://sealmate.net/

You can even make your own cut from a plastic soda bottle or something similar.

Back