VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry_wz

Reaction score
Hi

I guess you can class me as a "newbie" to the forum and to the V-Max world. Name is Harry and hail from Ottawa ON Canada. I got my 07 V-Max in March of this year.....traded in my 07 CBR1000RR for it. I have had a few bikes through the last few years....I end up getting tired of a sport bike, try a cruiser for a while and can't finish a season on it and go back to sporty. So hopefully I found my match this time <G>. Its an 07, had 15,500kms on the clock (9300 miles). I've put on a littel over 2000 km since.Came with flyscreen, Yamaha OEM sissy-bar/luggage rack and an HMF 4 - 2 system. Also included were the stock pipes,grab bar and center stand. There was also a Dynojet box with jets and circled on instructions were 160....so by process of elimination its safe to say that the 160's were installed. What I chaned so far was the tail light for a UFO led version and got rid of the lollipop signal lights and installed smaller ones. I tried the 4000rpm in 4th gear as listed on the forum and the sucker just keeps pulling. I don't know of any local dyno's in the area, so can't get that done. Anyways, I am happy so far and just came back from a ride. Biggest complaint that I have is the "peanut-sized" fuel tank....but I can manage. Forum is great...people seem good....so thats it for now.

:punk: Welcome Harry, glad you decided to try the Vmax. Lots of good info here. Lets see the pictures. Later, Spur

welcome harry, congrats on the max, im sure you'll love this better then the cruisers you tried out. atleast the smile will stay longer on your face.

I'm about 1.5 away from ottawa so we'll have to go for a cruise sometime when im back home.

:punk: Welcome Harry, glad you decided to try the Vmax. Lots of good info here. Lets see the pictures. Later, Spur

Hears a couple of pix

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 31
I don't think the fuel tank is that bad. I typically get to about 120 miles before hitting the reserve. It's no Goldwing Interstate, but that's not terrible. I've had it near 150 miles on a tank before and I had a quarter gallon left.

Of course, riding style has a lot to do with it. I average about 41-42mpg cruising at 75 on the highway. Seen as bad as 30 with lots of curvy road v-boosting, and as good as 48 going 55-60 on back roads.

I don't think the fuel tank is that bad. I typically get to about 120 miles before hitting the reserve. It's no Goldwing Interstate, but that's not terrible. I've had it near 150 miles on a tank before and I had a quarter gallon left.

Of course, riding style has a lot to do with it. I average about 41-42mpg cruising at 75 on the highway. Seen as bad as 30 with lots of curvy road v-boosting, and as good as 48 going 55-60 on back roads.

I'm still getting used to riding the bike. Not taking any chances on running outta fuel :biglaugh: Todays ride was pretty decent mileage wise. With warmer weather here, my mileage has increased somewhat.

welcome harry, congrats on the max, im sure you'll love this better then the cruisers you tried out. atleast the smile will stay longer on your face.

I'm about 1.5 away from ottawa so we'll have to go for a cruise sometime when im back home.

I'm in the middle......BBQ:eusa_dance:

Welcome from Michigan, Nice ride! I just got an 05 with 1926 miles on it last month with the full HMF carbon fiber system. I see they don't make the HMF's for the Vmax anymore. I just changed out my blinkers today and took off the back rest.:coolgleamA:

Attachments

• 2005 Vmax 002.jpg
    2005 Vmax 002.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
Welcome from Michigan, Nice ride! I just got an 05 with 1926 miles on it last month with the full HMF carbon fiber system. I see they don't make the HMF's for the Vmax anymore. I just changed out my blinkers today and took off the back rest.:coolgleamA:

How do you find the HMF's? I find em a bit on the loud side especially when idling. Once I am up to hi-way speed I just hear a mean growl. Its nice to have a backrest when you are travelling but other than that I like the grab rail look better. For the blinkers I picked up mine on E-bay from Biker Planet. They have tons of them. I went with 3 wire units with a billet finish. The lights are a bit shorter than the originals but the threads are longer. I had to use the nuts from the original lights in the rear for spacers between the lights and the grab bar, otherwise you would be digging into the fender. Nuts as spacers will do unitl I find something else. Oh ya, these are clear lens with amber bulbs. I went with bulbs vs LED to make sure I kept compatibility with blink speed and signal cancel without haing to resort to ballast resistors and also retaining the running light feature. As for the rear, I am thinking of changing out the amber lights for red and hooking up the 3rd wire as either running light or extra brake light for those "cagers" who never see you.

BTW, nice bike back at ya.

Welcome aboard, Nice bike. Oh and in case you didn't already know that backrest is quite valuable $$$$.

Welcome from a fellow Canuck out west. Sounds like your makin' 'her' your own. Enjoy the ride. Be safe out there...

How do you find the HMF's? I find em a bit on the loud side especially when idling. Once I am up to hi-way speed I just hear a mean growl. Its nice to have a backrest when you are travelling but other than that I like the grab rail look better. For the blinkers I picked up mine on E-bay from Biker Planet. They have tons of them. I went with 3 wire units with a billet finish. The lights are a bit shorter than the originals but the threads are longer. I had to use the nuts from the original lights in the rear for spacers between the lights and the grab bar, otherwise you would be digging into the fender. Nuts as spacers will do unitl I find something else. Oh ya, these are clear lens with amber bulbs. I went with bulbs vs LED to make sure I kept compatibility with blink speed and signal cancel without haing to resort to ballast resistors and also retaining the running light feature. As for the rear, I am thinking of changing out the amber lights for red and hooking up the 3rd wire as either running light or extra brake light for those "cagers" who never see you.

BTW, nice bike back at ya.
The pipes are loud for sure, just the way I like it! My 85 Vmax had super trapps on it and it was loud also.

Latest posts

Back