VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the forum and just purchased my 1st Vmax. 2002 Carbon, 6.5k, real clean. Wanted one for many years. Been riding HD’s for 20+ years. Still have 2 of them and now a Vmax. This forum looks like a great group of people.

Attachments

• 6E85DB6F-FF81-422B-A534-EC472F9A7303.jpeg
    6E85DB6F-FF81-422B-A534-EC472F9A7303.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Welcome. Enjoy the forum and your Vmax. How are you enjoying your new ride?

Welcome. Enjoy the forum and your Vmax. How are you enjoying your new ride?
Like it so far, had some lousy weather this week but the weekend is looking good. It has UFO exhaust so it’s pretty load even to a Harley guy. I’ll probably ride it until I get a ticket or it annoys me to much. I have the stock exhaust if needed.

The UFO, 4/2 or 4/1? You can get different end caps to quiet it down, and you can re-wrap the baffle which will help for awhile. Yamaha Vmax VMX12 Parts & Accessories (85-07 All) Mike Lees too-over from Jon Cornell, founder of UFO (RIP).

Here is the Yamaha shop manual. http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf The first ~62 pp. are yearly model updates, after that is the shop manual. Look at the appendix, lots of info there, like bolt sizes, torque values, hose and cable routing, etc.

Many questions you may have are answered here: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read! Thanks to RaWarrior, who has sold his VMax, but whose good work here is appreciated by all of us.

Use the upper-right 'search' function to investigate topics of personal interest, like solving issues with your bike. Someone before you has faced the same problem.

Welcome! Nice bike by the way, We have had our 86 since 92, over the years we have rebuilt the bike from the ground up, just love the bike. Enjoy all the best!

Attachments

• bike week 5.jpg
    bike week 5.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 0
The UFO, 4/2 or 4/1? You can get different end caps to quiet it down, and you can re-wrap the baffle which will help for awhile. Yamaha Vmax VMX12 Parts & Accessories (85-07 All) Mike Lees too-over from Jon Cornell, founder of UFO (RIP).

Here is the Yamaha shop manual. http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf The first ~62 pp. are yearly model updates, after that is the shop manual. Look at the appendix, lots of info there, like bolt sizes, torque values, hose and cable routing, etc.

Many questions you may have are answered here: New Vmax Owner FAQs....new members please read! Thanks to RaWarrior, who has sold his VMax, but whose good work here is appreciated by all of us.

Use the upper-right 'search' function to investigate topics of personal interest, like solving issues with your bike. Someone before you has faced the same problem.
4-2, I have the small and larger end caps. I repacked mufflers and changed to the bigger caps. I like the tone better but didn’t do much to quiet it. Haven’t tried the smaller caps with the repacked mufflers yet.

Back