new parts for the 4x4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
hmmmm what could this be?
hmmmm.jpg

for those who know anything about 70s era fords there is 1 thing that is a constant fight and that is keeping the engine temperatures under control. so i bought a heavy duty radiator.
compare.jpg

after running back and forth to the store for odd ball parts ( thermostat housing was crumbling due to corrosion) i finally have it installed!
installed.jpg

now i am in the market for a different fan shroud. im thinking a shroud for a 460 may work as my old shroud wouldnt mount up right. as of now im running a 180 stat with straight water ( in case there were leaks in the radiator i didnt want to waste antifreeze) but i did add a bottle of water wetter mainly for lubrication. i let it idle for about 30 minutes total and the temps refused to climb any higher than what this picture shows. who says a 400 cant have decent oil psi! heck i even took it for a drive down the interstate with same results. wasnt a cheap deal but i am stoked that it appears i have finally tamed the temperature beast! now well see what happens when we hit the triple digits this summer...
guage.jpg

Awesome dude ! My buddy just bought an '86 with a 460 cid, 4 speed & a Dana 60 axle. It's just an old beater to pull his deckboat back & forth on weekends. I rebuilt the steering gear & went through the brakes , fuel system, wiring & a/c to get her up to snuff ! I LOVE the look of the front of the older Fords. My '98 F150 has been a great truck, but it doesn't have the classic look of the older Fords IMHO. Is that rad a 2 or a 4 core ? Looks like it is plenty to cool off the beast !!!

Latest posts

Back