New rear 200/55-18

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty,

What kind of exhaust is that on your bike? Hows the db level? The exhaust i have on mine is LOUD! I'd rather not say what brand i have cause i know Chris doesn't want to "HEAR" it. Ha Ha. But i have quad tips and i'm worried about getting busted.

Todd

Rusty,

What kind of exhaust is that on your bike? Hows the db level? The exhaust i have on mine is LOUD! I'd rather not say what brand i have cause i know Chris doesn't want to "HEAR" it. Ha Ha. But i have quad tips and i'm worried about getting busted.

Todd

It's a UFO, and I love it, it sounds fantastic to me.

Yes, it's very loud but not raspy...i put 10,000 a year around houston and have never had a cop bother me about it, they're used to all the loud Harleys anyway..

It's a stainless model, and no, it doesn't rust....Stainless discolors under heat, I don't care what anyone says, I polish the coloring right out in short order,

It also fit OK, not a perfectly easy install, but once on the bike it's fine it IS perfect......

Thanks for responding Rusty.:clapping: But are the mufflers UFO also? This is mine with a Quadzilla system and a 18in rear & 180 tire.

Attachments

• Jan 17,09 L.jpg
    Jan 17,09 L.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Jan 4, 09.jpg
    Jan 4, 09.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for responding Rusty.:clapping: But are the mufflers UFO also? This is mine with a Quadzilla system and a 18in rear & 180 tire.

Yeah, the mufflers are also UFO, it's probably the earliest version he sold, the cans are polished aluminum skin and the tips are polished billet aluminum. I don't know if it's still available. It's the system he was accused of stealing the design from HMF (and vice versa) One of the rear down pipes was slightly "misbent" which was where I had skight fitment issues, but it fit fine with some persuasion....I guy sold it to me new in the box for $500 cause he said it didn't fit...

Your head pipes look like they are ceramic coated, are they? Do all of his sytems do the ceramic coat or does UFO still do polished stainless?

Very nice looking bike by the way...

Yeah, the mufflers are also UFO, it's probably the earliest version he sold, the cans are polished aluminum skin and the tips are polished billet aluminum. I don't know if it's still available. It's the system he was accused of stealing the design from HMF (and vice versa) One of the rear down pipes was slightly "misbent" which was where I had skight fitment issues, but it fit fine with some persuasion....A guy sold it to me new in the box for $500 cause he said it didn't fit...

Your head pipes look like they are ceramic coated, are they? Do all of his sytems do the ceramic coat or does UFO still do polished stainless?

Very nice looking bike by the way...

Yes, It's ceramic coated. I also had fitment issues when trying to install it. So i called Jon and explained my situation to him. He suggested removing that spring looking thing bolted to the oil pan that holds one of the overflow hoses. After removing that part the exhaust went on so easy. I just purchased the exhaust system about a year ago and love the ceramic coat. After riding i can touch the pipes without getting burned.

Latest posts

Back