New Restaurant... boo....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Tried a new restaurant Brownhouse Iron Brewery, by my house last night with my son. I thought it was a brewery type pub. But it looks like they are just trying to cash in on having alot of different beers. Which don't get me wrong, its nice to see that out by me because there is nothing like that out here.

BUT....... last night was quiz night...??? Maybe I am just out of the bar scene and getting old. But I ve never seen quiz night.

Anyways, the beer was about par price wise, but the food was a little rich for what you got and it wasn't that great.

So last night wasn't an absolute fail, but I can't say I ll go back again.

It was one of those feelings like I just spent $50 on a burger and pulled pork, 1 appetizer,a beer and pop. We both agreed, Arby's would have been a better call lol. :bang head:

Sucks when that happens. But sometimes you never know unless you try. Last night I wish I wouldn't have tried :rofl_200:

I hope the place does good, maybe they will step it up. But I realize out by me, people are satisfied with sub par things a lot. And hence most restaurants like this don't make it long.

I love it when I travel out of state and find a hole in the wall with awesome food.

If you are ever in Georgia, check out Southern Soul BBQ!!! I can't wait to go back there!

Lets hear some win and fail stories on restaurants.

This pulled pork was $13. It was dry in some spots and moist in others. It was inconsistent.

They only offered two bbq sauces at the table, in their defense, I didnt ask if there was anymore available.

The beans were horrid. I forced myself to eat a few spoonfuls.... I NEVER leave food behind, but didn't take those or eat them.

11055382_938119236221782_6807764074280791979_n.jpg

Cornbeef quesadilla..... Cornbeef was bland, not much flavor and the cheese was kinda of tasteless too. It was a special because of the quiz night, $5..... for $5 it was ok. But normal price was $10 I think. For $10 I would have not been happy at all. In defense it was filled decently, it wasn't skimpy.

11084277_938119199555119_7935421052013240286_n.jpg

Usually when I see pics of food I get hunger pains not this time .. I think a helpful note to the owner might help . I have a seafood buffet type joint up in Frederick Md 15 miles away expensive as shit talking 58 bucks all you care to eat . My first time there everything over cooked I asked for the manager and explained the situation he said sorry new cook ! Well just happens the owner of the place overheard all of conversations and paid for that dinner for two and invited us back on his dime and I can tell you the either got alot better or they fired and hired someone that know how to time seafood to the tee. May's restaurant Frederick Md expensive but now delicious for once in a while meal !

I wrote a very lengthy review and got a response on their facebook within minutes. They are fairly new and I will most likely try and give them another shot again later summer.

In my anal ocd way, my review was rather lengthy and highly detailed..... which the owners responded in appreciation for it.

Latest posts

Back