New to the Forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
contact captainkyle, one2dmax, or dannymax. captainkyle's based in tampa. someone mentioned carbkitscapital.com, but i don't know if anyone can vouch for the quality

Make sure to use OEM yamaha carb parts/gaskets. I think some here have had problems with aftermarket.

Welcome to the best site on the web Stewart, you will not find a greater bunch to help with anything about your bike or find a place to get mod tips, AND TRUST ME THE MOD MONKEY WILL RAISE ITS HEAD AND BITE YOU!!! Its a well placed bite however, it lands right between tour wallet and your heart! I like your bike nice look what kind of windscreen is that?

Welcome to the best site on the web Stewart, you will not find a greater bunch to help with anything about your bike or find a place to get mod tips, AND TRUST ME THE MOD MONKEY WILL RAISE ITS HEAD AND BITE YOU!!! Its a well placed bite however, it lands right between tour wallet and your heart! I like your bike nice look what kind of windscreen is that?

I am not sure who makes it. The previous owner put it on. Its carbon fiber but he painted it with some rattle can (bass boat) sparkly paint. It has started to chip off so I removed it to try and crack it all off. Yeah, I am happy to be a part of this group. I am looking forward to this experience. Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

If you can't get what you want through your dealer, I think the K & L kits through Parts Unlimited are pretty-good.

So the pea shooter was no luck. I'm not even going to bother with the shot gun. I'm just going to tear these puppies apart. The #2 carbs A/F screw is corroded in. No luck with pb blaster.

Welcome to the forum Patrick, you may as well start looking for somthing to sync thos carbs with because the Max doesn't run well without ballancing the carbs..........

Welcome to the forum Patrick, you may as well start looking for somthing to sync thos carbs with because the Max doesn't run well without ballancing the carbs..........

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I ordered a pretty basic set up the other day. From the sounds of it, this is something I am going to have to do pretty regular. I figured that I may as well invest.

Stewart if you search the threads look for broken a/f mix screw. I am not sure how to post the link . I tried & clicked preview but the link was no good . I hate computers lol

Yeah, I figured I would drill a hole and use a screw extractor. I read a few of the threads about it. I'm spraying it with more pb and I'm going to try again in the morning. Not trying to mess it up more but I'm a bit stubborn. Gaskets are on order, these carbs are getting torn down this weekend. No more wishful thinking.

Back