New vmax owner 2007

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked mine up in July. I'm in The Colony. Think I saw a small group of all Maxes down in Austin over Labor Day. They're out there!

dealer is not getting there hands on my new max..probably$ 350 for 600 mile check and all that will be done is oil and final drive oil change..there it nothing that has to be worked on valves are good for 26.600 miles..if your bike is running and starting good,,dont bother with the sync its a waste of money.....you dont have to do the 600 mile service to keep warrenty..thats high presure to get extra money out of you....knowwhere in the manual does it say it will effect warrenty.....its safe to buy oils at dealer and keep slips..its all on computer anyway...never seen so many people having problems with there carbs as vmax owners do...why because they rejet and use different filters to improve perfornance...right all that happens is carb problems..rich condishions and never runs right.......if your keeping you bike stock you will get many years and miles without touching a thing...two most important things are the oil and stearing bearings..the owners manual shows how to chech if its lose or a fast hard hit of the front brake nd you will feel its lose.....50 years old owned over 12 metrics and two harleys all carb bikes...only,,,(most) people who have problems
with there carb sinks are the ones looking to gain 20 hp with kits and gain nothing but headacks and downtime

My Vmax was WAY off on carb sync the 3 times I've done it during break in... Every time I did it the bike was noticably smoother... :thumbs up:

I highly recommend you do this...

+1. When you snap the throttle it may knock sync off a bit due to the throttle linkages being so "weird". I sync mine once a month and change the plugs every 6 months or so to ensure a strong running bike.

Mark

Back