New vmax owner 2007

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie6513

Reaction score
i just put a deposit down on 2007 vmax from yamaha dealer in fort worth texas leaving to go pick it up monday morning can't wait.

i'll sumit pics when i can.

i just put a deposit down on 2007 vmax from yamaha dealer in fort worth texas leaving to go pick it up monday morning can't wait.

Cool man, Congrats!:cheers: If you love it half as much as I do mine.... well not sure where I was going with that but I'm sure you'll love it.:biglaugh:

Very cool. Still remember the day last October when I picked up my '07. It's been 5000 miles since that day, and Max still puts a smile on my face every time I mount up. I use it to places I don't want to go--makes me look forward to a trip to the dentist or whatever. Speed safely, and enjoy!

Chris.

Your going to love it, I just got mine in June and am having a blast.

Where in TX are you?
If your looking for other Vmaxes to ride with there are a few around here in the Metroplex.

I'm In Amarillo Just Got Back Last Night Bought Vmax From Yamaha Suzuki West In Fort Worth.

Howdy dude, I met you at the Yamaha delaer my V-Max was in for its 1st service and we chatted briefly you and your wife. Small world huh...well what do you think? Is it all you hopoed it would be. I am still having fun with mine.

congrats on the purchase. question now is how long before you buy the second one or start modifying the new one? welcome to a class of riders who arent part of the pack, but the ones leading it.

later odieoh24

Sarge2155,

I'm in Midlothian,

Going to try and make the GTG in Hurst Sept 14th, should be several VMAX riders there.

Doug

Hey Sarge

This Max Is Bad To The Bone Best Purchase I've Made.the Bad Thing Is I Tried To Talk To My Local Dealer About 600 Mile Service.
No Good They're Hard To Get Along With Headed Back To Fort Worth Next Month For Service.

Hope To Talk To U Again........

I would skip the 600 mile service. It's more beneficial to wait until 1000-1500 miles. That'll give the valve train more time to break in. That's a good time to recheck valve clearances and replace all fluids.

Mark

congrats on the purchase. question now is how long before you buy the second one or start modifying the new one? welcome to a class of riders who arent part of the pack, but the ones leading it.

later odieoh24

i don't think i'll be getting another one for a while
i let my wife ride the max she liked it real well but she likes her honda sabre more.

i'm not sure what to do it seems pretty nice as is.

Zombie,

If you plan it right you could make it back to town onthe 14th. Thats a Friday. There will be a group of VMax 's meeting at 7:00 in Hurst at the Sonic on Precinct Line.

Hey Sarge

This Max Is Bad To The Bone Best Purchase I've Made.the Bad Thing Is I Tried To Talk To My Local Dealer About 600 Mile Service.
No Good They're Hard To Get Along With Headed Back To Fort Worth Next Month For Service.

Hope To Talk To U Again........

I would skip the 600 mile service. It's more beneficial to wait until 1000-1500 miles. That'll give the valve train more time to break in. That's a good time to recheck valve clearances and replace all fluids.

Mark

I wouldn't wait that long to change the oil and filter...

I did mine the MOTOTUNE way and swear by it...

The Max was one of the tightest motors when new. I was amazed!:surprise:

I changed my original oil out at 26 or 28 miles I think. I did a lot of half throttle accelerations and a lot of deceleration to seat the rings straight away...

Good luck!

Oh and stay away from the stealers... They will do nothing but take your money and give you nothing in return...:bang head:

I wouldn't wait that long to change the oil and filter...

I did mine the MOTOTUNE way and swear by it...

The Max was one of the tightest motors when new. I was amazed!:surprise:

I changed my original oil out at 26 or 28 miles I think. I did a lot of half throttle accelerations and a lot of deceleration to seat the rings straight away...

Good luck!

Oh and stay away from the stealers... They will do nothing but take your money and give you nothing in return...:bang head:

Good info Chris. I'll agree with ya. I would change all fluids at 600 miles, check sync, cables, etc. At 1000-1500 miles do the same thing but also check the valve clearances.

Mark

Wow bummer about your local dealer. I told you, you'd like the Vmax. I am still loving mine more each day. Once I get the 1000 miles on it you know I have really got to open her up. Almost there..well enjoy your max and be safe.

GTG (get together) not to be confused with got to go. Its that damn online langauge invented by the youngsters, who are too lazy to spell. lol

There is a group of Vmax riders here in the metroplex. Some of them will be at the group meeting this Friday. I have never been so it will be my first time this Friday if I can make it.
Several of these guys are VMOA members (VMAX Owners Assoc.), but you don't have to be to go.

Latest posts

Back