Nissan vs R1 calipers...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crown

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Just got my '91 VMAX which is already in need of front end/brake work. The gent I bought it from didn't know much about the bike. However the original owner made a few upgrades including SS brake lines and Nissin calipers.

So, my first question is, how do the Nissin calipers fare vs. R1 calipers? I'm going to have to do some replacement work on the front end including the rotors, so I'd like to have all the modding done at one time.

Secondly, should I leave the nissan's and replace the pads or replace them with R1 calipers?

Thanks in advance.

---Crown

cant comment on the nissan calipers but i do have the R1 calipers on both my max's. the 89 has a set of 03 blue spots using the fjr 1300 brake master on it and the 97 is running a complete 05 R1 front end with the radial mount calipers. coupled that up with the ISR radial racing clutch and brake master cylinders and you,ve got some braking! the guys i know all agree that anything besides the stock setup is tenfold better. what master are you using for the brakes? stock will give you a sloppy feel as far as the R1 calipers go.

later odieoh24

I have a few different adapters depending on budget and goal. The simplest adapters use 4 piston Nissins and your stock rotors. The other adapters uses 6 piston huyabusa calipers, r1/r6/newer vmax rotors and works good with the stock master or even the FJR master.

There are pics of the busa conversion on here somewhere.

Sean

Latest posts

Back