No Fire at all

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 1993 Vmax will not produce any fire what so ever. I started it, had to go back and get my wallet, put the bike on it's side stand for no more than 2 minutes. Came back out and it was not running. I've checked the side stand switch, with a jumper for the circuit with no results. Is theree a safety swith to the clutch also? Bike was running perfect before this. Any cut off swithes for saftey any where else on this bike? Temp, oil etc.? Contact me a [email protected] Thanks

Does it turn over? Do the light's light up? Have you looked at all of your fuses including the main fuse?

The main fuse is by itself, not in with the other four fuses. It sits on top and to the left of the battery. It's a black looking box that says main fuse on the top.

Here's a picture of the main fuse. Red arrow points to it.

Attachments

• VmaxBatterySplice.jpg
    VmaxBatterySplice.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 28
You may also want to check your kill switch (big red Stop/Run Switch on throttle side controls) mine sometimes get dirty or corroded contacts and I have to flip it back and forth a few times. Doesn't happen that often cause I never use it. But when bike won't start out of the blue for no reason, it always turns out to be that switch. Flippin it back and forth a few times, fixes the problem for about another year.

Ok, lets make sure we are going down the correct route and ensure he means yes he can hear the starter cranking the motor but no spark.

When you press the start button can you hear the starter cranking over the engine but it wont start.

When the starter button is pushed you dont hear anything but all the lights work?

Since it started once and then died, something failed. Your main fuse probably blew as others are saying. If fuse is OK then you have some troubleshooting to do. Only other safety switch is on the clutch master. Easy to check with an ohm meter as is side stand switch.

I went back and re-read his post and he said everything works except no fire. That means light's are working so the main fuse and signal fuses are okay. It could be starter relay or starting circuit cutoff relay.

Ok than that means Starter wont turn over or wont crank
I dont know why people dont get this

Combustion engine
Fuel Spark equals Fire
Spark-fire and fuel to the combustion equation

Here's a picture of the main fuse. Red arrow points to it.
Thanks, check the main fuse. Last night out of the blue she started firing put the plugs in and startedup,(on center stand) . It ran 7-10 minutes and shut off. Pluse genrator seems to function fine according to a dial ohm meter. So now I'm thinkng the (PCI?)box? Engine is not running hot, no missing etc. Sounds fine.

It started firing last night. Put theplugs in a it cranked(on the center stand). Ran 7 to 10 minutes and just shut off. The pulse generator seems to be doing it's job. PCI? next

Back