no fuel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmax

Reaction score
hi guys how you all doing? i have a fuel problom. ignition on, pump clicks about twice and to get me going i have to suck up fuel to fill up filter then max fires up, uses filter full and 2 miles later cuts out and will not draw anymore up by itself eventho the pump ticks away but still doesnt draw anything out of the tank. Tank breather is off and also tried running without filler cap but makes no difference. at times its harder to suck fuel up. Tank looks clean inside Had pump apart and needed to smooth off the point faces. How much suction should come from the pump? theres not much there at all thanks for any advice for a newbie and hope i posted in the right place:ummm:

That pump has two internal one-way valves. One on the intake side. The other on the outlet side. What you describe sounds like both those little valves have their respective rubber diaphrams out of place. Not uncommon to happen, though usually not both at the same time, in my experience. Without those tiny rubber parts in place, the pump will run, but not create any pressure. Easy disassembly to find out. Tiny rubbers usually push back into place with little effort and the fix can last for months and months, forever, or just days. Good luck.

Here is a step by step on how to check what jfeagins mentioned in his post fuel pump .
Also check the fuel filter to make sure it is not plugged.

hi checked out the post thanks and on my pump the smaller outlet pipe is the inlet?? guess that wouldnt help with the running. took it apart and eveything looked ok. i also drained my tank as well and was wondering that with ignition on shouldnt the low fuel light come on as the gas drains out? sender kaput maybe? thanks for replys

Latest posts

Back