No gas in float bowl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbaisdad

Reaction score
Ok guys here is what I have done: 1) removed air box. 2) removed fuel pump feeder hose from fuel rail (tee). 3) put hose in an external container and turned key on. Fuel came out of hose that was connected to the fuel rail and is connected to the outlet side of the pump. Did this 3 times,each time gas would come out untill the fuel relay would click and turn off after 4-5 sec. it filled my container (small one) 4) Reconnected the hose to the rail and turned key on . The pump turned on for about 2-3 sec and then clicked once or twice. 5) pulled hose off rail and noticed it had some pressure not alot . 6) reconnected hose this time pump clicked one or twice. tryed to start bike NOTHING!!! 7) opened float bowl drain screws on carbs #4 and #2. Very little gas came out. With drain screws open I cycled key on. Pump clicked 1 or 2 times no gas came from the bowl drain hoses. Why is gas not getting to the float bowl:bang head::ummm::bang head::ummm::bang head::ummm: FRED

Hello,

How is the situation with carbs 1 and 3, can you see fuel flowing out if opening the screws while letting the pump to rotate? Next I would check the short hoses and T-joints between the feeder hose (coming from the fuel pump) and the carbs.

If the fuel is coming via the hose until the carbs, but there is nothing - or virtually nothing - actually in, it is possible that the needle valve or float does not move correctly or that the fuel channel between the carb fuel hose joint and needle valve is blocked.

Would be better to remove the carbs, open the float bowls. Then completely clean the carbs and check the float / needle jet operation in case that the fuel reaches the carb connection but is not flowing further. Also check that air can flow freely through, when the float and needle jet are open.

Regards,

AT

This happened to me on one of my carbs. Piece of dirt was stuck to one of the ridges on the needle valve making it stick shut. Pull the rack, dissassemble and clean your carbs. Check your fuel tank for rust and change the fuel filter.

Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

Thanks guys I will do all that is morning. Finished work late last night and was to tired to go on the computor to see your responses until this morning THANKS,:punk:
FRED

Back