Norway drifting in an elderly Toyota hot-rodded

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
A car you aren't going to see on the road much in the USA, modded w/a hot engine, doing some drifting. You get to see the production method of filming a bit.
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/bring-back-the-touge-drifting-with-a-toyota-cressida-1452894563

As I recall, the Cressida was what the premium Toyota was called before the Lexus was introduced, and before that it was the Crown being top-of-the-line for Toyota.

Oh, and be-sure to see the passenger. She looks like Elvira w/o the make-up but still w/black hair.

I had a Cressida a few years ago F.M. It was in near perfect shape in 1999 and had a multiport injected 5m engine. The same engine, except naturaly asperated, that Totota used in the Supra, I believe. That car was very quick! And, way ahead of it's time for an 84 model. Eventually working around salt water all the time, plus the salt spread on ower roads in the northeasr, took it's toll. And, a rusted body with a still very strong engine went to the wrecker. I loved that car.
Steve-o

The Crown and Cressida were premium cars for Toyota, well-worth the $. They had great build quality and Toyota started distributing the Crown in the 1960's, my parents bought one, new. It was a SOHC inline 6 w/a 4-speed, front discs, four bucket seats, though the rear seat cushion was a bench-style w/ a folddown arm bolster in the middle.

Back