NOS Jettings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Well I got to take out the MAX today for the first time after the 85 engine install.
I want to thank all those that gave there input on my individual air filter jettings. I really got lucky or you guys know your shit!
I cruised around for about 50 miles ensuring no leaks or loose hardware. After that I found a nice little straight away. Took off soft, hazing the tire till about 30 when the Autometer monster tach got at 7500 the front end started coming up rode her out to 9500 shifted in the air dropped back down as she came back up in 2nd around 8K RPMS. Smooth all thru the RPMS and the sound from the carbs is Sweeeeet!
Next question this is for shits and giggles.. NOS riders what jetting are you running on your NOS/Fuel. Are you running a 2,3 or 4 spread?
I am currently running a 21/25 and people that I have ridden with tell me they are smelling fuel when I pass them on the NOS.

This is from Nitrous Express:

HP Nitrous Jet Fuel Jet
40 18 16
60 20 18
80 24 20
100 26 22

Now this is for Nitrous Express jets, I'm sure there are variations with different manufacturers... but with a 21 nitrous jet, I would say you could go down to a 19 or 20.... if I am reading this correctly. Or are you shooting an 80 or 90 horse power shot?

Well, ok Guess all the NOS riders are keeping there jetting combos a secret.

I don't know a whole lot about N2O jetings for non fuel injected applications but I will pass this on.

A lot of people like to go a little or a lot on the rich side with fuel for the obvious reasons of combating detonation and pre-ignition.

Don't get too crazy with this though because there is this little thing called "ring wash" that can happen where so much fuel is passed thru unburnt it washes all the lubrication off the cylinder walls and scores the cylinders and psitons or at minimum ruins the ring seal.

It happened on my wifes 350z once (it had an ATI Procharger that I installed) because in the course of setting up the fuel curves I screwed up and forced it to a ratio of around 8:1 and one pass down the 1/4 was all it took to ruin the engine. It still ran OK but oil consumption went thru the roof and of course off boost performance went to shit because of the large loos in compression.

It was avery expensive lesson.

I would consider a wideband Air fuel guage with a datalogging function a must on any N2O, blower, or turbo application. It's the only true way to get it tuned right I think.

Rusty

I think our settings on the FZR1000 engine for 60 shot was 20/22. I can pull the fittings and check our 1500 longrod engine to see what it is running. It ran 8.30's @160 mph.

Sean

Back